Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
It's safe. Running it right now. Except I seem to be getting this weird message in NVIDIA CUDA.

There is no newer version available.

KKNEne8.png

Last edited:

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
My only concern is the cuda thing. I need to use it for AE and I don't want to cripple the app because i'm inpatient.

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
My only concern is the cuda thing. I need to use it for AE and I don't want to cripple the app because i'm inpatient.

I removed the CUDA preference pane and installed CUDA driver again. Get the same "UPDATE" message. Pops up when you login, quite annoying.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
we're going to have to just sit tight and wait for nvidia to give us an update. May as well uninstall this one sense it is rendered useless and just serves as an annoyance.

tomvos

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
In the Nexus.

The CUDA drivers depends on a matching video card driver as its counterpart. If you update your system to 10.8.3 then the video driver has a higher version number than the CUDA driver — thus making CUDA at least unstable, but more likely completely disables all CUDA functionality. OpenCL might still work.

So, if you depend on CUDA for your work, best advise is to stay with 10.8.2 and the 10.8.2 WebDriver from NVidia for a few days longer. Based on the pattern of earlier Mac OS X releases, I think it is safe to assume that NVidia will release an updated CUDA Driver in a few days from now.

---

Update: Here's a semi-official statement in the NVidia forum concerning CUDA drivers for 10.8.3.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/534924/geforce-drivers/cuda-update-for-mac-os-x-10-8-3/
Looks like we don't have to wait very long.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.