Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tahko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
I used that program on PC a lot, but since I've decided to do a complete switch I'd love to have something similar for mac.. Any ideas?

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
quigleybc said:
Yup, Recycle is the goods

I use it for anything and everything, and there's nothing "fruity" about it. :p

Highly recomended
Agreed. It works well for what it does.
There are cheaper ways of doing what Recycle and Fruity Loops accomplish, but they are quite difficult to do, and have little to no nice visual features. If you do loops, you need Recycle. IMHO much better than Fruity Loops.

Tahko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
Flowbee said:
Well... there's GarageBand. Included free with every new Mac.
Too tricky to create proper drum loop, no live editing. Thanks for tips of Recycle & Propellerhead, going to check those demos out some day. Now some sleeeep... (just moved to another city)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
faintember said:
Umm, Propellerhead still makes Rebirth. They even have a demo of it on their webpage.

Ummm, ReBirth is for OS 9. I've not used that in years and have no interest in keeping it around solely for ReBirth.

scottmist

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2007
I used that program on PC a lot, but since I've decided to do a complete switch I'd love to have something similar for mac.. Any ideas?

Well you can buy fruity loops for mac. They have a mac version just go to their website.

Plumbstone

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Well you can buy fruity loops for mac. They have a mac version just go to their website.

where is it on the site? can't find it anywhere

As for Fruity like software, Ableton Live springs to mind. Also with apple loops you have "elastic" audio right inside logic or garageband, no need to recycle then import anything ever again.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
<BAM! Corrected!>
Wow, i just checked, and of course, you are right. I could have swore that they released an OS X version. I guess i am wrong! :eek:

Nope, it ran under classic.

Rebirth is now freeware for registered users of Reason. www.rebirthmuseum.com

I still have several audio/midi apps that are OS9 only so I still boot my G4 Quicksilver into it quite often.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
You all are replying to a thread from 2005. :)

Yup, and an update to my post back then is:

Recycle can kiss my butt.

Stupid software asks me for my SN everytime I open it after a reboot.

It only handles files that are less than 5 minutes long

It seems to change the tempo of loops, when I don't want it too....??

Anyway, I ditched my overpriced copy of Recycle and now use Peak 5....so much better

DJJONES

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Newengland usa!
all the companies that dont support mac osx are really losing out. i would love to usse fruity loops n acid pro on my mac just for the fact that osx and a snappy fast laptop means i can make music when ever where ever.

maybe fl8 will support osx and acid 7 will maybe hepefully

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.