Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As noted by 9to5Mac, Apple yesterday added the latest iMac to its Employee Purchase Program, supporting earlier suggestions that production constraints have now eased.

2012-imac-gallery2_GEO_GB-800x512.jpeg
Apple CEO Tim Cook had warned in a January analyst call that iMac shipments would be constrained through Q1, but improving shipping estimates and the company's decision to allow employees to purchase them at a discount suggests that the issue has now ended.

Current and retired Apple employees are allowed to buy Apple products for personal use at a 25% discount, and last year Apple added an additional layer to the program by offering employees $500 off the purchase of a Mac once every three years, on top of the 25% discount.

Article Link: iMac Added to Employee Purchase Program, Suggesting Production Constraints Have Eased

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Previously, you could also buy 3 additional Macs @ 17% (I think) discount; I don't know if that's still true. Nice little perk of working with the company!

Spitfire56

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
The discount is just yesterday available to companies which have an EPP with Apple. 6%. Better than nothing.

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
So you have to be an apple employee to get apple products at a Stupidly inflated price for the spec of the hardware rather than the standard Outragously insulting inflated price for the spec...

Sweet :rolleyes:

sjjordan

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2003
United States
So you have to be an apple employee to get apple products at a Stupidly inflated price for the spec of the hardware rather than the standard Outragously insulting inflated price for the spec...

Sweet :rolleyes:

How do I get one of those "friend and family " EPP discounts? Heard they're 15% off.

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
Please, now that iMacs availability has eased, can we have reasonable SSDs across all models? By "reasonable" I mean 256GB and 512GB, and not the 768GB which is a joke.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005

What Apple products are sold for an "Outragously insulting inflated price" in your opinion? Just curious.

MacAddict2000

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2005
Previously, you could also buy 3 additional Macs @ 17% (I think) discount; I don't know if that's still true. Nice little perk of working with the company!

I believe you're referring to the Friends & Family discount. It recently changed.
It is now "15% off of reasonable quantities of Macs"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.