Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaser1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Saudi Arabia
Hello, I use Firefox since long time ago, now I want to use Safari, but there is an Addon called. Tab mix plus, This is the reason why I use/still Firefox.

its features are awesome.

Can I get this Addone/similar on Safari? at least it opens new link in a new tab

thanks.

Moshe1010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2010
Here is the hiraracy for you:
Chrome>Firefox>Opera>Safari>IE (and maybe IE10 is even better than crappy Safari)

watchthisspace

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
Hello, I use Firefox since long time ago, now I want to use Safari, but there is an Addon called. Tab mix plus, This is the reason why I use/still Firefox.

Can I get this Addone/similar on Safari? at least it opens new link in a new tab

thanks.

Just checked their website and no Tab Mix Plus for Safari. There might be an alternative, but I had no luck finding any.

Also, OP wasn't asking about which browser was best, funny the first response was off topic :p

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
I use all three.

Safari for day to day stuff, FireFox for Firebug, and Chrome for Flash sites.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England

thanks.

Unless you have some compelling reason to switch browsers, I'd just continue using Firefox. In my experience, the only browser worse than Safari is IE.

Nate392

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2012
You said that you want to use Safari. I say go for it. There's nothing stopping you, and it's really not as bad as it's made out to be. There's also nothing stopping you from using both Safari and Firefox at the same time.
As far as people saying to use Chrome, I say don't bother. Chrome is severely limited in settings, and the Omnibox is a keylogger anyway.
(and as far as the comeback of "1 billion people using Facebook," to start this is a logical fallacy, and many large groups of people have been wrong before.)

As it always boils down to, use what you like best.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA

thanks.
This is a most ambiguous question. Which metric/metrics is/are important to you? Over the past few years, many users grew to base their evaluations on the browser's score on the Acid3 test. IE (on Windows) scored in the 20s. Safari scored a perfect 100. Of the popular OS X browsers, their scores are currently:

1. 100--Opera
  2. 100--SeaMonkey
  3. 100--Chromium
  4. 98--Nightly (Firefox)
  5. 97--Safari
  6. 97--WebKit
  7. 97--Firefox
  8. 95--Chrome

The Acid3 test score is just one metric. It may or may not be important to you. However, you should state the metrics that are important so that you and your advisors identify the browser that best fits your needs.

That said, you may run multiple browsers simultaneously. Except for the various versions of Firefox, OS X browsers do not interfere with each other.

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany

thanks.

not that add on but safari ALL the way for me. second may be chrome. third... ie for me. i ditched firefox long ago. my personal experience is too many add-ons slow browsers like hell

Sixth Street

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2007
Neither Chrome or Safari can touch tab management functionality via extensions as Firefox can. Stick with Firefox.

Nate392

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2012
Is there a way to remove Cover Flow from bookmarks in Safari 6.0.3?

That big black window takes up space and I simply do not need it.

Yes. Simply look at your bookmarks, and then roll your mouse over the "bar" that separates your bookmarks from the cover-flow view. A little hand should appear. Once you see the little hand, click and drag your mouse to the top of the page. That will get rid of the cover-flow view.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Yes. Simply look at your bookmarks, and then roll your mouse over the "bar" that separates your bookmarks from the cover-flow view. A little hand should appear. Once you see the little hand, click and drag your mouse to the top of the page. That will get rid of the cover-flow view.

Thank You :) !

azpekt

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2012
hp, illinois
cannot live without vimperator, so firefox...

and safari`s stupid habit of reloading page while going page back is driving me mental...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.