Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Hi i was wondering if there is a problem with ipad or adapter? I let it run down to 10% and then charged it up it said 100% and with the symbol in the battery. But when i go to usage it says usage time will be showed when pad battery is fully charged? Is there something wrong there? Please help and let me know. Thanks.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Mine has done that every once and a while.

It has always corrected itself on the next full charge *shrug*

I wouldn't worry.

MacSince'85

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Hi i was wondering if there is a problem with ipad or adapter? I let it run down to 10% and then charged it up it said 100% and with the symbol in the battery. But when i go to usage it says usage time will be showed when pad battery is fully charged? Is there something wrong there? Please help and let me know. Thanks.

Don't the iOS devices quick charge to "100%" then continue to trickle charge until they top off?

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
I just did a full charge from 8% to 100% again and did not come up again. When i go to usage it says usage time will be showed when pad battery is fully charged. This is twice in a row is something wrong with ipad or adapter. Please help. Thanks.

MacSince'85

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I just did a full charge from 8% to 100% again and did not come up again. When i go to usage it says usage time will be showed when pad battery is fully charged. This is twice in a row is something wrong with ipad or adapter. Please help. Thanks.

This article explains:
http://m.cultofmac.com/cultofmac/#!...st-100-and-why-every,50ec9ac7d7fc7b5670e01920

And right here a year ago:
https://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/2...-continued-charging-beyond-100-battery-level/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.