Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
my "free" pair works perfect and as advertised. I LOVE these headphones!!

cameronb8

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
I got a pair for Xmas, which broke then got replaced. Now on my new pair the headphone module connected to the speaker (black part that sticks in your ear) is loose from the housing. I have comply tips and the twisting motion suggested for proper insertion appears to have broken the bond. They still work and sound perfect, but I'm worried they may be more susceptible to water damage now. They seem to only be able to twist, not go forward and back. Anyone else observe this besides me?

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
well, I started reading this excited from the top that maybe I found my new workout buds. I hate it when my dreams are dashed by the time I get to the end!

I think I will stick with my $30 yurbuds which seem to be holding up and deal with the crappy wires until these are perfected and come down a bit in price.

cameronb8

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
Contacted support, they paid for shipping out there and sent the new ones out immediately. Should be here next week. The best customer service there is

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2012
just got these from Bestbuy, which just came in stock and they only for 1 set, too bad they fit horrible for me and im going back to purchase the bose sports...

idea of the headphones are great though, love the bluetooth idea, they just dont fit me

cameronb8

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
Got my second replacements today, and they have the sought after ridge for the secure fit ear holders. Hope these will be the tits.

dhenry7711

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
These look very tempting for when I start running hard again this summer! How do they hold up with sweat?

There were some problems for the first few people that bought them apparently but the version now has been treated with liquipel. Plus the fact that they have a lifetime warranty against sweat, you really can't go wrong. They sound incredible and the battery life is pretty amazing considering the size of them.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
There were some problems for the first few people that bought them apparently but the version now has been treated with liquipel. Plus the fact that they have a lifetime warranty against sweat, you really can't go wrong. They sound incredible and the battery life is pretty amazing considering the size of them.

Awesome! Thanks.

kamachi923

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2010
Does anybody use there bluebuds with a computer and your phone? If so how is the switching process? I was looking for a bluetooth headphones that I could use with both but having to turn the bluetooth off and on to switch connections seems like a pain. I was hoping to either have them switch based on which device is outputing music. or be able to just hit a button on the headphones that would allow me to toggle through possible devices. How do these allow you to switch between the 8 devices that you can connect to. thanks.

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
So I splurged and bought 2 of these. One will be a birthday present for my wife.

I must say haven't gotten in may hours but quality sound great.
I'm very happy with them...

However my wife could not get her's to fit even with the smallest parts.

So ended up returning one pair which kind sucks because it was going to be a birthday gift.

So women with small ears should make sure they fit.

LaxNYC

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
These look very tempting for when I start running hard again this summer! How do they hold up with sweat?

TyPod- just ran a marathon (lots of sweat) this past weekend with new Bluebuds X that I purchased last week. They worked great for all 26.2 miles, and today continue to work fine. If they ever succomb to sweat I'll update this post!

What I'm most worried about is the in-line volume/power control- this is where sweat damage usually gets the various bluetooth headphones I've tried in last years

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
TyPod- just ran a marathon (lots of sweat) this past weekend with new Bluebuds X that I purchased last week. They worked great for all 26.2 miles, and today continue to work fine. If they ever succomb to sweat I'll update this post!

What I'm most worried about is the in-line volume/power control- this is where sweat damage usually gets the various bluetooth headphones I've tried in last years

Congrats on completing the marathon! I too am a marathon runner, so it's definitely good to hear they made it through the grind!

christianvz

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2013
JayBird now officially available in South Africa

JayBird earphones are now officially available in South Africa and will hit the Dions Wired and Sportsmans Warehouse shelves soon. They are currently available through The Gadget Shop, iWorld, DigiCape and iPlay stores. Distributed by iKhambi Information Systems PTY LTD.

Nigel Wong

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2013
Bluebirds x

Dear guys and girls,
I dont know why but I can't bluetooth songs to my bluebuds, if you can help me, please reply. I am desperate.

Last edited:

green94

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
Has anyone listened to their bluebuds since upgrading to iOS 7?

I've noticed a significant loss in sound quality with songs constantly skipping around and restarting. I'm hoping that it has to do with the upgrade in software and not my buds starting to crap out. Thx!

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
So I splurged and bought 2 of these. One will be a birthday present for my wife.

I must say haven't gotten in may hours but quality sound great.
I'm very happy with them...

However my wife could not get her's to fit even with the smallest parts.

So ended up returning one pair which kind sucks because it was going to be a birthday gift.

So women with small ears should make sure they fit.

This worried me the most, as The first pair of in ear headphones I've managed to get to fit were the apple earbuds that came with my touch last October.

However, repeated cord yankings whilst on training walks for a 50k in September got me searching for something wireless, and the long battery life appealed.

I was fit to return these as I could not get the left one in particular to stay in at all, which has been the problem with every other in ear buds I've tried. Then I tried swapping them to the x-fit, i.e. over the ear, and they fit perfectly, to the point that I've got some comply buds coming in the mail which may get returned as not needed. Even the wing tip thingies feel like they might be fitting rather than being a gimmick (they were far too big in the standard position).

They survived a 35 min very sweaty session on the rower, whereas the night before I couldn't get them to stay in on the exercise bike at all. I've cabled them to go over the top of my ponytail, and it's pretty good having no cables dangling about anywhere.

The range is fine, indoors as you would expect there's no issues, and outdoors I have had no issues so far with putting the iPod in the top of the rucksack on my back. I really didn't want it strapped to my arm..

My only gripe is they're not multipoint. I am probably odd in that I still listen to music on an iPod and not streamed from my phone, mostly because I'm walking paths in poor signal areas, and I'm already using two GPS apps whilst out, but it would have been nice to be able to switch the music off automatically and take a call. You cant do that without stopping the music, connecting the buds to the iPhone's bluetooth. By the time I've realised the phone is buzzing (I wont exactly hear it with these on), stopped the music, unlocked the phone, connected the bluetooth, the caller would have hung up!

Moral is, for girls with tiny ears like mine, try them in the x-fit position before returning them, you might be pleasantly surprised.

roosh85

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2013
How do I pair with Macbook

my jaybird bluebuds x pair great with my iphone. But my macbook isn't able to discover them.

Is this a problem with my computer? Or do the headphones not have an ability to be paired with a macbook?

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance,

Chesifu

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
I have the exact problem to my Bluebuds x. May I ask will Jaybird pay for all the customs and shipping fees (including me to Jaybird, and Jaybird to me) if I send it back for exchanging?

Barely a month old and I've run into a bit of a snag. The control panel on my Bluebuds x is not responding, so no powering up/down (they currently on), no volume up/down, no forward/rewind tracks, no voice call activation etc etc etc

I'm waiting for them to run out of charge. I'm hoping this might force some kind of a reset but that seems unlikely.

I've contacted Jaybird support and eagerly await their response.:(

sand_man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
I have the exact problem to my Bluebuds x. May I ask will Jaybird pay for all the customs and shipping fees (including me to Jaybird, and Jaybird to me) if I send it back for exchanging?

They did for me, didn't even ask for the damaged pair back. They simply sent me a replacement pair at no cost to me at all. I'm in South Africa.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Has anyone listened to their bluebuds since upgrading to iOS 7?

I've noticed a significant loss in sound quality with songs constantly skipping around and restarting. I'm hoping that it has to do with the upgrade in software and not my buds starting to crap out. Thx!

Bit of a late response, but mine are fine with the GM of iOS7 and now 7.0.2.

When I was originally looking for new buds I was looking at the Bose and B&W. The Apple Store dudes tempted me to try the Jaybirds, and WOW!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.