Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Feltzem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
I'm getting really frustrated by this. I have a large movie library stored on an external HD (added to iTunes by holding down Option when dragging), and I am adding the artwork for them & changing their video type from 'Home Movie' to 'Movie'.

Whenever I try to change the metadata, either individually or a few at once, iTunes freezes and I have to quit it with Cmd-Opt-Esc. I've experienced the same thing when adding artwork to locally stored music too.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Are you sure it's actually freezing and not just taking its sweet time? iTunes is really slow at editing tags for me too but I've never had it actually freeze and require restarting.

Feltzem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Are you sure it's actually freezing and not just taking its sweet time? iTunes is really slow at editing tags for me too but I've never had it actually freeze and require restarting.

I'm pretty sure it's freezing, I can't interact with iTunes after clicking 'OK' when editing metadata. I'll wait a while and see if it starts responding again, but it really shouldn't be happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.