Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Yea no way in hell will Apple release new iPads in spring which is disappointing.

Releasing everything in the last 3 months is probably a good reason why Apple getting crushed by their competitors, the market, the media, etc.

Apple needs to space out its products more.

I doubt they'd announce everything in the last 3 months, I think last 6 months is more likely. I think they have too many products to do everything in 3 months.

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Hmmm

My guess is that a 5th gen ipad will not be released until the fall. The 4th gen iPad was obviously updated to compete with the new hardware in the market. Also, consider the recent release of the 128 GB iPad. Apple most likely would have waited to release this on a 5th gen given it would allow for bragging rights during their speech/release. So again, my guess is in the fall because Apple didn't wait to brag on itself for the updated 128GB iPad. :confused:

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
My guess is that a 5th gen ipad will not be released until the fall. The 4th gen iPad was obviously updated to compete with the new hardware in the market. Also, consider the recent release of the 128 GB iPad. Apple most likely would have waited to release this on a 5th gen given it would allow for bragging rights during their speech/release. So again, my guess is in the fall because Apple didn't wait to brag on itself for the updated 128GB iPad. :confused:

Makes sense. And also I think it's unlikely they'd release a next generation ipad without ios7 and A7X chip and I don't see those coming until summer at least. So I think summer or fall for the next ipad.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I'm glad I bought the mini when I did, and whether I upgrade or not to the first retina version will depend on how much thicker and heavier it will make it and Battery life. If those things are compromised I'll wait for another revision of the retina to upgrade, I love that the current mini has such a long recharge cycle, it makes up for the lack of retina

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Like I have said elsewhere, iPhone before iPad so I do not except anything real soon. That is why I just bought a 4 and comfortable with my decision.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
Apple about to release an Ipad Mini Retina to compete with the upcoming Full HD Nexus 7 ?

Sources:
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/03/18/apple-rumored-to-launch-retina-ipad-mini-in-q3-2013
http://news.cnyes.com/Content/20130318/KH6PSEFDJYGDE.shtml

tumblrmjrua4tedn1rsjwyf.jpg

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
I highly doubt Apple are going to release all their products after September, why would they release a flurry of products and confuse their customers.

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
And another thought...

I think Apple will most likely release a 5th gen iPad in the fall which will be completely renovated (design + hardware + features). Also, the 6x processor is more than powerful enough in the 4th gen ipad. There's no reason to update that so quickly. Another consideration is Apple must wait for technologies/components to mature i.e.screens, batteries etc. Not enough innovations in current hardware have occurred to release a completely renovated iPad. I could be wrong. And if so, I'll be looking forward to a 5th gen iPad in the near future (summer vs fall). Again, my guess is in the fall (September). The iPhone 5s will update (summer) to most of the current tech the Galaxy S-IV is sporting. The iPad, there's nothing to really compete again in my own opinion. The only new suggestion would be form factor and I think Apple will want to wait on more mature technologies before it can do much more with the current form factor. ;) I think most of us will be wowed again with the release of the 5th gen iPad. No reason to rush it given the current market.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
I think Apple will most likely release a 5th gen iPad in the fall which will be completely renovated (design + hardware + features). Also, the 6x processor is more than powerful enough in the 4th gen ipad. There's no reason to update that so quickly. Another consideration is Apple must wait for technologies/components to mature i.e.screens, batteries etc. Not enough innovations in current hardware have occurred to release a completely renovated iPad. I could be wrong. And if so, I'll be looking forward to a 5th gen iPad in the near future (summer vs fall). Again, my guess is in the fall (September). The iPhone 5s will update (summer) to most of the current tech the Galaxy S-IV is sporting. The iPad, there's nothing to really compete again in my own opinion. The only new suggestion would be form factor and I think Apple will want to wait on more mature technologies before it can do much more with the current form factor. ;) I think most of us will be wowed again with the release of the 5th gen iPad. No reason to rush it given the current market.

However, could apple let Google release a 1080P Nexus 7 without any competitors for 5/6 months ?

punching-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Google Nexus 7 HD tablet to go head-to-head with Retina iPad Mini 2?

http://www.techdigest.tv/2013/03/google_nexus_7_3.html

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
This "it" that is pointing to "one thing" needs to be taken out back and shot, because it's delusional and leading people to believe all sorts of insane things.

Agreed.

When do you think well see a new ipad? It's actually starting to look like there won't be anything new from Apple until summer.

I don't think we'll see any new iOS devices until June or July.

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
However, could apple let Google release a 1080P Nexus 7 without any competitors for 5/6 months ?

No way, I think the iPad mini will have a sooner release given that retina displays are already available and out in other devices

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I know this is a "rumors" forum but with some far out speculations boarding upon wild hallunication in so many threads all I would like to say is "c'mon man". :D

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
I highly doubt Apple are going to release all their products after September, why would they release a flurry of products and confuse their customers.

Why wouldn't they? In my opinion, the average consumer just buys whatever is on sale, if it meets their requirements or if its new enough.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

Better that than have customers wondering what is next and deciding not to purchase because of that.

gto55

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Tel Aviv
http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/03/18/apple-rumored-to-launch-retina-ipad-mini-in-q3-2013

Apple rumored to launch Retina iPad mini in Q3 2013

A new report claims Apple is gearing up to launch a second-generation iPad mini with Retina display in the third calendar quarter of this year, with a redesigned 9.7-inch iPad also in the works.

The details were reported on Monday by CNYes (via Macotakara), which said that Apple has not seen a significant decline in iPad mini shipments since the device launched in late 2012. In all, Apple is reportedly planning to ship 55 million iPad mini units in calendar 2013.

So the WWDC may only propose an iPhone 5S and the hypothetical renewal, at least the beginning, of iOS.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013

Given that the screen on the iPad mini, Apple's "answer" to the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire, isn't sporting an HD screen yet costs over $100 more, you should know by now that Apple doesn't care a whole heck of a lot.

Fritter60

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Not just specs which customers examine but the whole user experience makes the mini well worth the price esp over the Kindle

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
With the recent analyst speculations and markets leaks.. it points to one thing; a keynote in April.
..but what updates might the iPad mini 2 receive? Retina Display? A6X? A7? 1GB RAM? 1.5GB RAM? :eek:

No, no it doesn't. Stop being gullable. Analyst know jack squat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.