Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
I upgraded every release (iPad 1, 2, 3, 4, and mini).

I'll more than likely upgrade to the 5 and/or mini 2.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
This goes as well with the iPhone 5. Once the iPhone 5S or whatever they will call it comes out, those with iPhone 5 will wait for the iPhone 6.

Learn to stay with the big upgraded devices and skip the next years update. Unless your rich, then enjoy buying every update.

People are finding out the role Apple is taking with their upgrades.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The only 3 I tried had that hot spot under the back cover. Reading lots of posts here about that afterwards, I never tried another.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
The only 3 I tried had that hot spot under the back cover. Reading lots of posts here about that afterwards, I never tried another.

Yet tons of us love our three's and would not give them up for the 4. That should tell you something there. Yes sometimes it gets a little warm but its a non issue as it has no effect on the device whats so ever...If you have it in a case you'd never know anyhow..

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Received the apple refurbed verizon ipad 3 (32gb) for 549 off ebay. One year of applecare. Looks great. Can't beat that price right now. No taxes either. 549 or 729 for the 4? Looks like a nobrainer. Resale value won't take too much of a hit.

For those wondering, yep, one year warranty like buying a refurb off of apple.com. Shipped in two days.

BTW..i had a friend order the same last week but he changed his mind. They refunded him the next day as soon as the return showed up in their tracking. The customer service is pretty good.

IllmasterMath

Cancelled
May 16, 2012
My iPad 2 is still going very strong. I'll upgrade when either I stop getting iOS updates, processors go quad-core or bottom tier storage is 32GB.

makotoisle

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2012
Nice thing to have in the military away from home.

I use FaceTime every single day. Sometimes twice a day, to keep in touch with my significant other while he's away at school.

(Not that this relates entirely to this thread; I use it from my iPad Mini.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.