Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I got upgraded today and it SUCKS! I can't see anything older than a couple of hours.

Any plugins to disable it?

----------

It is NOT less cluttered. It is a huge mess. And if the person who posts the pic writes a comment with it, as most do - that is across the pic!

Who does this guy hire for programmers?!

----------

I made sure NOT to sign up for it and I got it anyway!!! It took them months to force me into timeline and I was hoping it would be the same :mad:

----------

I easily share info and pictures with friends and family. I email them. I can include pix if I want. I can put a page of pix on a website I own or any other picture sharing sites. I don't need fb for any of this.

man i wish i was updated, where are u located? maybe they are updating people by location?

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
man i wish i was updated, where are u located? maybe they are updating people by location?

None of my local friends have been, and I don't think any of my friended people have been. It looks fine on the ipad. Absoloutely horrible on my computer in Safari and FF. I have to click on three things just to see what I used to in my newsfeed and if I go to the ipad I still see things that never showed up.

I really don't think you want it. Pisses me off, I never even clicked on any info about the damn thing!

So no one knows of a way to disable? It looks like timeline remove is windows only

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
did anyone get this new look? i signed up on the waiting list too the day the signup page was live and still nothing.. im in NY.. :confused:

im very excited for the new look as it will give the facebook a fresh twist which is much needed in my opinion.
It seems that aside from being able to read more about the change and get on the "waiting list" for it at http://www.facebook.com/about/newsfeed you can also see how many and which of your Facebook friends (if any) have gotten the new "look".

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
I live in Texas and for some reason... I'm always the last to get any update that they push. I wonder if they update profiles based on location or time of sign-up???

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
Québec, Canada. My friends don't have these new features too...

I wanted to put a screenshot here, but cause it's my own timeline, maybe not a good idea...

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
well u can photoshop out your own info, id like to see how the new timeline look if u can post please.

do you also see Pages in the new design or you see only user profiles in the new view?

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
No, pages (if you mean pages like pages I can like) still with the same "old" timeline look.

I going to prepare few screenshots.

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
Sorry for double-posting.

Here is a screenshot. Of course I blanked a lot of text like my name, my job, university, city, place of birth, etc... Also, sorry, it's in french ;)

screen1eox.jpg

All your posts, link you shared, etc,... are on the right side now. On the left side, you have your personnal info, then when you scroll down you have in order pictures from 9 of your closest friends (i suppose, because even if I refresh, only my best friends or family appears here), then pictures of you, then places you visited (I use TripAdvisor app), then music you like, movies you watched, books you read, TV shows you like, pages you like, etc... recent activity is at the bottom of this left side, witch I think is not a good idea.

I like it, but I miss one feature. Before I was able to go to one of my friend's timeline and see the events he registered or is invited to. I can't find this feature now.

The friend list have changed too, with the same new look. Same for the page about you, or the pages listing your pictures.

EDIT : it looks like I am not the only one concerned : http://www.imediamonkey.com/2013/03/26/facebook-shake-up-timeline-again/

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Got the new timeline design a day or so ago, but not the new newsfeed (yet).

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
damnit man, i still didn't get the newsfeed update nor the profile view update.. this sucks man , thanks for posting the screenshots tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.