Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does Apple marketing make you want perfect Apple products?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
I'm very curious. Have you been as perfection demanding with any other brands? By perfection I mean cosmetically and functionally immaculate.

Renzatic

Suspended
I like Apple advertising because it makes me feel like one of the crazy ones. A misfit. A rebel. A trouble maker. A round pegs in a square hole. A person who who see things differently. I'm not fond of rules, and I have
no respect for the status-quo. You can quote me, disagree with me, glorify, or vilify me. About the only thing you can't do is ignore me. Because I change things. I push the human race forward. And while some may see me as a crazy one, Apple see genius.

In short. I'm a goddamn unique snowflake, just like all of you here, and I love things made out of aluminium.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I like Apple advertising because it makes me feel like one of the crazy ones. A misfit. A rebel. A trouble maker. A round pegs in a square hole. A person who who see things differently. I'm not fond of rules, and I have
no respect for the status-quo. You can quote me, disagree with me, glorify, or vilify me. About the only thing you can't do is ignore me. Because I change things. I push the human race forward. And while some may see me as a crazy one, Apple see genius.

In short. I'm a goddamn unique snowflake, just like all of you here, and I love things made out of aluminium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9VWxIRIkRc

Brilliant!! :D

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
i'd say its more of the price that drives my need for perfection on apple products. since im paying more for a product, as compared to a competitor, id expect it to cause lesser problems for me. and i agree with this, since ive owned a s3 and iphone 3g/4/5. the s3 gave me some problems. it stopped charging randomily, the copy/paste funcationality was lost after i installed chrome, screen flickering while typing msgs, etc etc

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Ideally there should never actually be "perfection" that product can be - if there was, there would never be any improvements, no upgrades, nothing. Perfect is a roof that can never be broken (otherwise it was never actually perfect). Once you get to perfection, there isn't any room for growth and prosperity.

Apple should strive for perfection, but nobody should expect it to reach there since then we can never expect better.

I argue that "perfection" is so subjective (since people are so different in their requirements) that it can never be obtained by anybody. I just want Apple to make products that people buy and I want Apple to make money and stay around.

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
For me it isn't the price that makes me demand perfection, because the cell phone has become such an important part of my life that itself is worth more than the money spent to get it. For me it is the build quality and use of materials that makes me want to keep it perfect. Take for example my Nintendo DS that cost $200. It is made of plastic and so when I get a scratch or something becomes loose on that I'm less devastated because I knew it wasn't a premium product because of the materials used despite the fact they cost the same (after contract).

Ray Brady

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
Apple marketing makes me want Apple products. Throwing in the word "perfect" just makes the sentence meaningless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.