Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Did someone tried this on his / her MacBook Pro Retina? :)

Tried it on the 15" MacBook Pro with retina and it runs well. Don't remember what resolution it was at though and I no longer have the MacBook Pro to run the benchmark on it.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I own both a 2012 macbook retina and iMac 2010, but i would like to run this on my iMac which only has 512mb of video ram. How much graphic loss would i see playing it with any lags on this system, FYI the system has a 8GB of ram.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I own both a 2012 macbook retina and iMac 2010, but i would like to run this on my iMac which only has 512mb of video ram. How much graphic loss would i see playing it with any lags on this system, FYI the system has a 8GB of ram.

You should be fine, you will need lower settings but even on min settings the game looks pretty good. You will definitely have to drop your resolution though.

Edwin

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
I've just started F1 2012, 'properly' and have it set to the highest level. I like a challenge! :D

However - Am I wasting my time trying to keep up if I only use the 'Quick Setup' option? Will I need to get into the nitty gritty of the setups to be competitive?

Also, is there a database of setups anywhere?

Thanks.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
A question that will take a lot to answer!
If you are not used to this kind of simulation game, then don't start at the Legend level. You'll just get frustrated.
The most important thing is driving style, and knowing what the limits of each track are.
I would say that understanding the different options in setups is totally essential. I would also say that tweaking setups will make around about 1 second of difference to your times, so get in the ballpark first.
Yes, there are lots of setup databases around, but in my (long!) experience of racing games on computers, that you will find setups being posted that are poles apart from each other for the same car and track. They are, IMO, a total waste of time.
Still, look here http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2012-setup-directory.56683/

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
Thanks. I'm happy enough playing it on Legends. Currently, I can just about hang on to the tail of the slowest cars with the Quick Setup at Melbourne (which I know very well), so I'm looking forward to clawing my way up the field over the next few years.

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
How do you get to drive the car though the pits without the computer taking over? I have all the assists turned off, including pit lane assist.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
How do you get to drive the car though the pits without the computer taking over? I have all the assists turned off, including pit lane assist.

You can't, as soon as you pass over the pit lane speed limit the steering is AI controlled.

Edwin

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
Oh. Well at least I can't get nicked for speeding on MeMac. :D

What does the "Pit Assist" option do then?

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
This is totally bizarre! Never noticed that before as I always have it switched on after the frustrations of previous versions.
We had total control in F1 2011, so why did Codemasters remove it?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
This is totally bizarre! Never noticed that before as I always have it switched on after the frustrations of previous versions.
We had total control in F1 2011, so why did Codemasters remove it?

They seem to alter the pit stop feature every year with a different set of options :)

marksmanok

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2013
Multiplayer

Yo guys f1 2012 is beautiful on mac but every time i go on multiplayer no1 is online. So i was wondering if any1 wants to play multiplayer sometime hit me up TY :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.