Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertreb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I just brought a new desktop with vista (32-bit verison) and a AverMedia Tuner card. Using media center I can copy vhs tapes to file. my problem is that I can't copy copy protected vhs tapes using media center. So, I just want to know is there a programe that will at lease let me capture or view copy protected VHS tapes? I have a program that I can use to capture it but I need to view and of course hear it. The program that I use to Capture is ZD Soft Video recorder.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Would it not be easier to find those movies on DVD? The quality of VHS is not really worthy of putting it on DVD, as the resolution of VHS is only a quarter of the resolution of a video DVD.

Anyway, you have come upon Macrovision, you need an external device to circumvent that garbled signal.

tthip

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sima-Go-DVD...976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2329448dd8

This GoDvd Sima CT-2 device is what I have used for years.
It is great and I have converted hundreds of videos.
It removes copy protection, stabilizes old videos and even converts from PAL/NTSC.
It is super simple to use, just plug and play and it does everything automatically for you.
It is discontinued but at least this can give you an idea as to what to look for- maybe an updated version if Ebay is not for you.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.