Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grimy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I have a few cases from Caze for my IP5.

The first case I ordered back in December was a case with "clear" sides with clear/shiny backing. The sides turned out to be frost which made me unhappy. After a quick email to their custom service, they remedied the situation shipping my 3 Iphone cases(I paid the shipping). There shipping is direct from hong kong so I had to pick it up in USPS and it took about 3 weeks. The tracking number is so flawed with customs crap..just assume 3 weeks.

A few pics of the first case I traded out due to frost color sides:

IMG_1145_zpsa48e8103.jpg

IMG_1147_zps95ad7fff.jpg

IMG_1148_zps0d771c72.jpg

IMG_1149_zps06229b26.jpg

IMG_1150_zps28271405.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

The case I ended up ultimately with is a Black Bumper/Clear Backing Zero 5 Pro Ultra thin. These cases are very minimalistic and I love it for the iphone 5. These cases are meant to protect from scratches, nothing more. As they are so thin, no skin "guardz" will work with the case(back OR sides). Otherwise, it will not fit perfectly. Each case comes with a plastic "wallet" stand and a front screen protector with each case. The sides are tight and do not sag.

This is the case I am most happy with in terms of protection and looks. As there is a small lip on the Zero 5 pro, I don't feel the need to put the screen protector on. The case is flush around all the edges/buttons. The material doesn't have any enhanced grip. There are dust protectors on the lightening port/headphone jack that pull out(somewhat annoying but good protection). The volume/hold buttons have dimples in them. You can see there is a raised lip on top to protect the screen from scratches. All the holes line up as they should.

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

The next case is the Zero 5 clear for the IP5. I like this case as you barely notice it is there. I still prefer the pro over the clear as I prefer a Lip AND top/bottom protection from scratches. It is the exact same thinness/design as the color one. I will see as time goes on if any cracks appear(will update if so).

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

The last case I have is the Zero 5 Color. Its a pink one for the wife. Her first one had hairline cracks in 10 days. I asked for another one and Caze informed me the quality is now different on these particular cases. We will see as time develops. I plan on taking pictures of this case on the white IP5 once the wife is home. If cracks appear again, I will update.

Also, someone suggested the Caze Zero 5 Pro frosted side/clear back would look good on the white iphone. I will post pictures once I get my paws on the wife's white Iphone.

Any other questions or picture angles feel free to ask.

grimy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
does this case fit with side and back protectors on?

I found with sides on, it would not seat right.

I found with back protector on, it messed with each case differently. The pro it made the back look bubbly and "wet" and the color/clear cases it would seat on the way on. This was with ghost armor.

Glad you like it.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1505580/

?? You posted in the other thread back in December and decided your story was important enough to warrant another thread? Cool.

Haha wow, "cool" huh? way to be passive aggressive..funny thing, you & I live in same city. I was posting up more details on a secondary case that Caze comp'd me and because it wasn't just the "pro" I didn't want to post useless data in his thread. Sometimes when threads get to long, many will overlook information so I felt a separate thread was warranted to relook at Caze's current lineup. This is a lineup of 3 out of 4 designs they currently are offering for the IP5.

Another thing about these cases, no name brand on them IMO would be better as its a minimal case.

Last edited:

Karen333

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
How do you think which color will fit white iPhone 5 better? Clear (frosted) one? Or maybe white edition? Thank you.

grimy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
How do you think which color will fit white iPhone 5 better? Clear (frosted) one? Or maybe white edition? Thank you.

Here is my wife's white iphone 5 with the frosted case on it for you:

IMG_1234_zpsbee60afd.jpg

IMG_1235_zps57516d44.jpg

IMG_1236_zps73253ae4.jpg

metalfab

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Looks good but all those clear back cases are going to show every nick and scratch pretty fast.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Looks good but all those clear back cases are going to show every nick and scratch pretty fast.

That was my thought too. I've had really bad experiences with glossy clear cases.

Maybe it's just me, but if all you want is scratch protection, I'd go with something even thinner. I posted this on another thread, but I tried skins from Sticker Boy with good results. It's just that the skin doesn't cover the chamfers.

The case that I just got recently is the Caudabe Veil which seems even thinner than OP's case but is matte so that it doesn't get so scratched up. Just found it on Amazon for a decent price: http://www.amazon.com/Caudabe-Frost...8&qid=1364189117&sr=8-2&keywords=Caudabe+veil

dparrish209

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2013
I have a White one of these. Works really great! I have switched to an HTC One though, so if anyone wants to buy the Zero 5 Pro off me, message me. Would be a lot faster than waiting for it to arrive from China! lol

jor17

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
are the flaps annoying? do they stretch easily when you're using your headphones? can they be cut off?

grimy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
They are pretty solidly in there but can be easily cut off! I ditched mine after 6 months--both cases the clear plastic on the back stopped adhesiving to the bumper part.

alen mcgra

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2013
The first case I ordered back in December was a case with "clear" sides with clear/shiny backing. The sides turned out to be frost which made me unhappy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.