Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Hi, this is handled awfully bad in these forums. Especially on a tech website, it's of very little help if people post threads titled "WTF is happening??!" or "Needing sum help here...".

I was once reprimanded for giving a one word reply to someone's thread. I just don't get how you can be so anal about such things while its totally okay to use absolutely pointless titles that aren't related to the thread's topic in any way.

For one, it makes using the search function unnecessarily cumbersome. Besides, it looks just awful. When I visit these forums today, I almost always have a picture in my head of a room crowded with kids, each one repeatedly shouting out a different line, for instance "OMG YOU GOTTA READ THIS", "WTF IS GOIN ON???", "APPLE'S DOOMED", and so on and so forth. Once you get closer to any of them, they will eventually start talking to you (figuratively for the thread's first post).

Seriously, get a grip on it now.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
If you see a thread that you think the has an incorrect title, then please report is using the
report.gif
button the left of every post.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
MOD NOTE:

We do routinely edit "NEED HELP NOW" type thread titles, but we obviously don't see them all. If you see such a thread, report it and give us a better suggestion for a title. Odds are we will edit it.

When I do this, I often leave the original title and add my clarification in square brackets.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.