Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calisi*

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Down under land
Hi all!

I've just ordered a macbook 2010 with 4GB, 250 hard drive and 2.4ghz. I wanted to install mountain lion on there but don't want it to be laggy or anything... would this be possible? What do you recommend?

Thanks

ResPublica

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
ML works fine on that machine. I personally have an older Macbook, about the slowest machine that can still run ML, and it actually works very well, better than Lion and a bit slower than Snow Leopard.

gryffinwings

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2012
ML works fine on that machine. I personally have an older Macbook, about the slowest machine that can still run ML, and it actually works very well, better than Lion and a bit slower than Snow Leopard.

I was wondering about Lion myself, I've been reading a lot about how it's slower than Snow Leopard, which is what I'm running, just upgraded from Leopard, and I saw a speed increase after the upgrade.

Would there be any good reason to upgrade to Lion for my Early 2008 13" Macbook?

I've heard issues running Aperture 3 or Lightroom 4 on it. Which is why I've stayed on Snow Leopard.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Hi all!

I've just ordered a macbook 2010 with 4GB, 250 hard drive and 2.4ghz. I wanted to install mountain lion on there but don't want it to be laggy or anything... would this be possible? What do you recommend?

Thanks

I used Mountain Lion on a 2009 MacBook and it was pretty good (much better than Lion was) and if you have 4GB and a 2.4ghz you should have a great experience with ML.

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
I recently grabbed a unibody white macbook from ebay in great condition - upgraded to 8gb ram and a momentus xt and it rocks - running mountain lion and day to day wouldn't notice much difference from a more modern machine TBH. Love the design and size, fits my needs perfectly. Internet recovery only seems to want to offer lion though even though i have mountain lion purchased on app store?

Jesse813

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
Pottstown, PA
Hi all!

Thanks

My MacBook is running ML and works perfectly fine, doesn't boot quite as fast as it did with snow leopard, but everything works nice and smoothly once it's up and running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.