Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
But then I won't have documents in iCloud :p
I want that feature, but none of the annoyance that comes with its constant nagging.
Welcome to iOSX. (See my sig).

Don't resist. Do it the "Apple" way. Do not question them - they know best! :D

Lolito

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2013
here
I´m afraid apple is way too comfortable with osx users now, as it is still much better than windows. the money now is in iOS and there will be only new hardware features for osx customers, no software real features, just un-necessary ui changes, which btw are not improvements.

face it.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I´m afraid apple is way too comfortable with osx users now, as it is still much better than windows. the money now is in iOS and there will be only new hardware features for osx customers, no software real features, just un-necessary ui changes, which btw are not improvements.

face it.

You're right. Mountain Lion added absolutely nothing. /s

Colpeas

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2011
Prague, Czech Rep.
You're right. Mountain Lion added absolutely nothing. /s

No, but it is far better than Lion anyway. I am stuck with 10.7.5 on my Mac Pro while my MBA is running 10.8.3 and I must say that I much prefer working under Mountain Lion, even though my Lion box is much more powerful machine.

I, personally, am quite comfortable with this kind of update. I find introducing new features step by step in yearly cycle much better than spewing all at once every two years, leaving conservative and less experienced users petrified and overwhelmed by a landslide of brand-new features and completely different UI.

Look at what happened when Lion was released. Some people still use Snow Leopard, that's how revolutionary Lion was.

superriku11

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2012
United States
Look at what happened when Lion was released. Some people still use Snow Leopard, that's how revolutionary Lion was.

Lion wasn't revolutionary. In comparison to Snow Leopard, Lion was a step back in every sense of the word. It benchmarked slower by about 5% or 10%, don't remember which. It added lots of UI changes that annoy anyone who's not keen to having their computer look and feel like a tablet. And it added things that looked nice but were far less functional.

Snow Leopard was to Lion as XP was to Vista. Both OS X Lion and Windows Vista were updates that added hardly anything more than annoyances for advanced computer users.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Yes, disappointing but what would you expect? Given the short release schedule there's not time for Apple to do anything but pile on more code on top of existing releases.

It will be a while before we see something new from the "ground up". I'd love to stick around for it but if 10.9 is just more unicorns, frolicking bunnies and pretty butterflies I'll just move on to something else.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Yes, disappointing but what would you expect? Given the short release schedule there's not time for Apple to do anything but pile on more code on top of existing releases.

It will be a while before we see something new from the "ground up". I'd love to stick around for it but if 10.9 is just more unicorns, frolicking bunnies and pretty butterflies I'll just move on to something else.

To what ? A Linux kernel ?

Windows ?

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle

Adding Siri and Maps and calling it a new OS version is not a real OS upgrade.

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2011
Here's a petition to get ZFS included in OS X 10.9. May be a bit too late but the petition could get Apple's attention.

https://www.change.org/petitions/apple-os-x-10-9-support-opengl-4-3-and-zfs

ZFS and petition background:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/02/zfs-loving-mac-users-demand-support-in-os-x-10-9/

Thanks for the link to the petition, I signed. I would love for the file system to be upgraded and while it doesn't affect me much, I would like the graphics to be up to date. It's not like Apple doesn't have plenty of money to implement these things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.