Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrTchMan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Utah
I am trying to make the background transparent for the following image. The problem it cuts off part of the pool stick. Can one you PS genius's help with this.
logo.jpg

tlogb

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2003
florida
Can you show us where it cuts part of the pool stick off? By what method are you trying to make the background transparent? And what is you final intent for the image?

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Here it is

I also have a Tiff with all the layers and selections. So if you need them to modify the selection PM your e-mail because the file is 380KB.

I have applied 0.2 px feathering to the selection.
Just apply drop shadow of your choice and its done. :D

Edit: Click on the attachment to open in new window, then drag it to desktop.

Attachments

• logo3.png
    logo3.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 154

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
MrTchMan said:
I am trying to make the background transparent for the following image. The problem it cuts off part of the pool stick. Can one you PS genius's help with this.

I'm assuming you're using the magic wand, and it's also selecting part of the right-hand stick (because it's just about as white as the background in spots). One question, is the tolerance for the magic wand 0%? (Just in case the pool stick is slightly off-white). If so, and it still doesn't work, try this: to quickly fix magic wand not quite selecting the right stuff, first use the magic wand, then switch to mask mode, then just paint the areas that are wrong, adding or substracting as necessary, then switch back to normal editing mode.

--Eric

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.