Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Crap. I just bought Bioshock 2 at full price over the weekend while waiting for Infinite to drop. :mad:

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
I've had a go on the Bioshock 1 demo, but not played either properly. Is it worth getting 1 and 2 and working through both, or would you go straight in at 2?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I've had a go on the Bioshock 1 demo, but not played either properly. Is it worth getting 1 and 2 and working through both, or would you go straight in at 2?

If you only play one of them, I'd say go with Bioshock 1.

And although Bioshock 2 stands as its own game, you only get the complete picture when you have played the original first.

zed

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2002
Atlanta, GA

Definitely get the first one. Bioshock 2 is good and worth the play through, but if you are only going to get one of them it has to be the first one.

neilly93

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the first Bioshock would run like on the late 2008 aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz? I'm running Mountain Lion with 8 GB of RAM. I've had a look at a Youtube video of someone who says they're running the same system and it looks promising, but it's be great to hear from someone who has first hand experience!

Thanks!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the first Bioshock would run like on the late 2008 aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz? I'm running Mountain Lion with 8 GB of RAM. I've had a look at a Youtube video of someone who says they're running the same system and it looks promising, but it's be great to hear from someone who has first hand experience!

Thanks!

If you meet the spec (which you do) it will run smoothly. That's what our min spec means on Feral ported games. :)

In your case min settings but should be smooth and enjoyable.

Edwin

AlyseM

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I got a free copy of bioshock 1 with my infinite pre-order! Still an amazing deal though.

jamesbarns

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
Cedar Hills, Utah
Thanks

Thank you for the heads up! After seeing all of the great reviews that Bioshock Infinite got, I wanted to pick it up right away, but was told that I should go back and play the first and second. It is almost like you read my mind :D

neilly93

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
Just by way of update, I went ahead and bought Bioshock 1, and am extremely pleased with just how smoothly it runs on my aging Macbook. Haven't really played that much so far, as I'm working through Bioshock Infinite on the Xbox 360 at present, but looking forward to getting back to Rapture in due course!

Thanks for the help Edwin!

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
I got both, and they're amazing on my rMBP. Haven't managed to get anything else done, though. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.