Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmfel1926

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2012
when pulled horizontally is hard to unplug ... when pulled in an angle is unplugged easily ... seems like physic works but i did not have any issues .. !

mikewired

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
I have been using my new Air in the same ways as my old rev A Air and 08 unibody MBP. I have noticed that the magsafe2 is constantly falling off unlike my original magsafe. I am not hitting it, mainly lifting it from the foot stool to my lap on the couch with the cord running towards the floor. Almost every time it will fall off. I wish they had kept the old 90 design.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
I think the older design, while more secure, was also more likely to not release if, for example, you tripped over the cord. They seem to have erred on the side of making it easier to disconnect versus easier to throw your laptop onto the floor.

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
Mine seems just as secure as the original MagSafe on my MB Pro 2008. If yours is unplugging without any friction on the cable, you may have a bad unit (computer or charger).

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Mag-2 is worst design ever, keeping my 2010 Air untill they bring back the 'L' connector.

twintin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Sweden
No issues here either. As Panch0 said, if yours easily falls of just by lifting it as you say, you may have a bad unit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.