Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themainevent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2011
I was approached earlier this year about a job offering within my company. I am currently working on contract and want to become a full-time employee.

My manager basically tailored the job posting to meet my skills and told me I shouldn't worry much about it. I was even sent a link directly by an HR recruiter telling me to apply for the position and let her know once its in.

I applied for the job in early Feb and still haven't heard much back about the job other than its taking longer than expected. The job posting was also taken down within a week from the internal job board, which leads me to believe it was just put up for good measure to play the equal opportunity card.

My question is, how long does this process usually take and how much longer could I expect to wait until I hear something new or am approached with an offer? Anyone else been in a similar situation?

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
follow up asap. Follow ups are super important. neglecting them means you aren't interested to most employers.

themainevent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2011
I have followed up a few times, just haven't got much of an answer from them and dont want to keep bothering them. idk if im just being impatient of if its actually supposed to take this long.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
I have followed up a few times, just haven't got much of an answer from them and dont want to keep bothering them. idk if im just being impatient of if its actually supposed to take this long.

Isn't your manager giving you updates? I am in the same position as you and every week my manager asks me if I got a call from HR and what is the status.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.