Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I am back in school and have been using my iPad for school work, including typing essays and weekly discussion questions. For the past year or so I have been using an off-brand bluetooth keyboard made to look like the Apple BT Keyboard. I have been looking at the Logitech for few months and finally decided to pick it up when I saw it go on sale on Amazon. I was able to get best buy to price match Amazon. I got the keyboard for $48.42 plus tax, the regular price is $69.99.

I have been using the keyboard for a day so far. It was ready to go out of the box. All I had to do was pull the plastic tabs in the battery compartment and turn on the bluetooth on my iPad. The keyboard connected immediately.

The keyboard itself is great to type on. It is the closest I have found to the Apple BT Keyboard. The iPad specific function keys work great.

The case for the keyboard converts into a stand for the iPad. The stand can be used in both portrait and landscape and offers adjustable viewing angles.

I can see this keyboard making my life much easier when compared to the on screen keyboard and my other BT keyboard. It is also easier to put in my bag than the old keyboard and iPad stand combination.

If there are any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them the best I can.

ma9e4azy.jpg

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
How does it impact your iPad's battery life when paired with the ipad? I recently bought a Bluetooth keyboard and am shocked at how fast it drains my iPad's battery.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
How does it impact your iPad's battery life when paired with the ipad? I recently bought a Bluetooth keyboard and am shocked at how fast it drains my iPad's battery.

I have noticed the battery draining faster. It was the same with my old keyboard too, I don't think it has anything to do with the brand. I only turn on BT and pair it when I am going to use it.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I have noticed the battery draining faster. It was the same with my old keyboard too, I don't think it has anything to do with the brand. I only turn on BT and pair it when I am going to use it.

Most, maybe all, BT keyboards automatically power down after a certain amount of idle time and automatically reconnect when you hit a key.

Why would you go through the pairing process each time you want to use the keyboard?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Most, maybe all, BT keyboards automatically power down after a certain amount of idle time and automatically reconnect when you hit a key.

Why would you go through the pairing process each time you want to use the keyboard?

I phrased that wrong. I turn off the BT on my iPad when I'm not using it. Sorry.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
No, but then I am not the one making the claim that it does.

I am merely stating my experience, I have not made a claim that this will happen on ALL devices.

Not really sure what you are gaining by coming in and attempting to start an argument in a review about a keyboard.

Do you have anything else to add? Good. Move along.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I am merely stating my experience, I have not made a claim that this will happen on ALL devices.

Not really sure what you are gaining by coming in and attempting to start an argument in a review about a keyboard.

Do you have anything else to add? Good. Move along.

I asked for proof what you are doing saves battery. You don't have any because none exists.

People don't need to follow a process that is a waste of time.

Why don't you turn your phone off, too, until you need to use it. That'd make the battery last even longer.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I asked for proof what you are doing saves battery. You don't have any because none exists.

People don't need to follow a process that is a waste of time.

Why don't you turn your phone off, too, until you need to use it. That'd make the battery last even longer.

No one is asking you or anyone else to follow the same process that I do.

Have a good one! :D

TheMTtakeover

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2011
I am back in school and have been using my iPad for school work, including typing essays and weekly discussion questions. For the past year or so I have been using an off-brand bluetooth keyboard made to look like the Apple BT Keyboard. I have been looking at the Logitech for few months and finally decided to pick it up when I saw it go on sale on Amazon. I was able to get best buy to price match Amazon. I got the keyboard for $48.42 plus tax, the regular price is $69.99.

I have been using the keyboard for a day so far. It was ready to go out of the box. All I had to do was pull the plastic tabs in the battery compartment and turn on the bluetooth on my iPad. The keyboard connected immediately.

The keyboard itself is great to type on. It is the closest I have found to the Apple BT Keyboard. The iPad specific function keys work great.

The case for the keyboard converts into a stand for the iPad. The stand can be used in both portrait and landscape and offers adjustable viewing angles.

I can see this keyboard making my life much easier when compared to the on screen keyboard and my other BT keyboard. It is also easier to put in my bag than the old keyboard and iPad stand combination.

If there are any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them the best I can.

I have the same keyboard only the android version. Works great with my N7 and iPad Mini. I LOVE it!

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Sorry to inadvertently start that disagreement about battery draining. For what it's worth I've been turning the Bluetooth on my Ipad off when I'm not using the keyboard and I think it's helped greatly with the battery drain compared to leaving the Bluetooth on and letting the keyboard go into inactive or sleep mode.

In any case, OP I appreciate your sharing your review of this keyboard.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Sorry to inadvertently start that disagreement about battery draining. For what it's worth I've been turning the Bluetooth on my Ipad off when I'm not using the keyboard and I think it's helped greatly with the battery drain compared to leaving the Bluetooth on and letting the keyboard go into inactive or sleep mode.

In any case, OP I appreciate your sharing your review of this keyboard.

No problem at all. Some people just need something to complain about. :p

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Some people just need something to complain about. :p

Like sharing an inefficient and ineffective personal practice.

"I read on the Internet that disabling bluetooth on your phone, even if it's not connected to anything, will save your iPhones battery."

The 21st century version of swinging a dead chicken in circles over your head to ward off evil spirits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.