Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
you guys rant about whether the new iphone is gunna shock the world or not, you've forgetting its part of a product line that stands true to its foundation. when apple innovates it drops a new product with a new name. these rants about innovation and comparisons to other products is just a frustration of this mindset the apple universe has created. iOS and OSX. theres more out there that apple needs to explore-the great thing that used to be dope about the company is they would never test their products on sample groups. sure they probably still hold true to that philosophy- but they've lost the edge of risk taking. adding siri to an already existing device? making a product smaller because people demand it? these aren't innovations, these are reactions. what happened to the "one more thing..." line? surely no one can drop it anymore in apple-but the ideology still needs to stand true. what happened to the products that when announced made us scratch our heads, but by the end of the presentation had use slamming down our credit cards for a taste of what the future would be like in 5 years....

so don't expect anything from the 5s, its not a new product-its an update.

Last edited:

mhedhli

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2009
iPhone 5S or larger, cheaper iPhone part?

I bet this is part for the purported new larger, cheaper iPhone. Why would the flex cable need to get so much longer if the form factor wasn't changing drastically?

Plus, the whole idea that apple bought Authentec last year in July while they were already working on a project for the iPhone, and the deal clearly stated the acquisition should not slow development, leads to me to believe that we will see this project in the iPhone 5S. Hell, I thought it would be in the iPhone 5 so I've been wrong before.

If it doesn't make it into the iPhone 5S it will really shed some light into the time Apple puts into development before rolling out new features/products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.