Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tylerhollyfield

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2013
people, Google is not to blame for this annoying change, it happens to be Safari (apple). Google chrome has a browser app that allows you to view the fullsize image very easily by clicking and holding the image. I can't think of a logical explanation for Safari making this change, but I can guess it has something to do with them making more money somehow. Either they get paid by sites when you are forced to visit the site hosting the picture. There are tons of features Apple could have that would improve functionality on the iPhone, but they don't, for reasons related to money I'm assuming. Possibly planned obsoletion, so that they can continue to "improve", or add "new" features to their phone to keep consumers buying, when in reality they aren't new features. Greedy pricks.

The Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
people, Google is not to blame for this annoying change, it happens to be Safari (apple). Google chrome has a browser app that allows you to view the fullsize image very easily by clicking and holding the image. I can't think of a logical explanation for Safari making this change, but I can guess it has something to do with them making more money somehow. Either they get paid by sites when you are forced to visit the site hosting the picture. There are tons of features Apple could have that would improve functionality on the iPhone, but they don't, for reasons related to money I'm assuming. Possibly planned obsoletion, so that they can continue to "improve", or add "new" features to their phone to keep consumers buying, when in reality they aren't new features. Greedy pricks.

Uh, you do realize Google codes its own websites? So how a website is displayed in Safari is up to Google, not Apple.

tylerhollyfield

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2013
Uh, you do realize Google codes its own websites? So how a website is displayed in Safari is up to Google, not Apple.

that sort of makes no sense. If that's the case then how do you explain numerous other browsers that allow you to use the feature? Are you saying googles image page has a different code for each browser, allowing some to view an image full size and others not? LOL

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
that sort of makes no sense. If that's the case then how do you explain numerous other browsers that allow you to use the feature? Are you saying googles image page has a different code for each browser, allowing some to view an image full size and others not? LOL
That could very well be. Any web site can (and usually does) check what browser is being used to access it via the browser agent and then serves up whatever appropriate version of its pages it sees fit based on that. Pretty much how it's been done for ages on the internet, and even more so with the increase in use of mobile browsers.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2011
It's not just the slide row of images that are useless now. It's the actual page of pics before you click on anything that has been changed/ruined. Like a desktop version that goes on forever. Used to be just a few pics per page before you clicked on the images.

Whatever. It's useless now. So thanks for nothing whichever penny pinchers are responsible. I don't touch it now. It's lousy.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2011
Search is not half as good I've found and it's just image option isn't it not image or page. And when you click images it is small in the not whole screen like google used to be

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.