Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgm707

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
I imported a CD into my iTunes library (Mac Mountain Lion OS). The CD is excerpts and meditation exercises from a book I am reading. Just wondering if there is a way to have the CD show up as a BOOK type rather than MUSIC?

Thanks for any help.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I imported a CD into my iTunes library (Mac Mountain Lion OS). The CD is excerpts and meditation exercises from a book I am reading. Just wondering if there is a way to have the CD show up as a BOOK type rather than MUSIC?

Thanks for any help.
Right-click on the item, then "Get Info", Options > Media Kind

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

This was a bug in iTunes 11 that was supposedly fixed in iTunes 11.01. iTunes is up to 11.02 now. Try running software update to make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and see if that fixes it.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
This was a bug in iTunes 11 that was supposedly fixed in iTunes 11.01. iTunes is up to 11.02 now. Try running software update to make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and see if that fixes it.

Not fixed. I have _one_ single file with spoken text where I can't change "media kind" to Audiobook. Quite annoying.

Just a question: I have a few CDs with a few spoken tracks, like interviews with the artist etc. How does everybody handle that?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Not fixed. I have _one_ single file with spoken text where I can't change "media kind" to Audiobook. Quite annoying.
You might try creating an AAC version and changing the media kind on that. You may have to exclude it from iTunes Match. If that works, just delete the original copy.

Just a question: I have a few CDs with a few spoken tracks, like interviews with the artist etc. How does everybody handle that?
It it's part of an album, I leave the media kind as music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.