Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raiton10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Hello I have a question for you i have ipad 4 running on iOS 6.1.3 and the battery life si poor It drains 1% of battery every 3 minits it is horrible I have WiFi on and max brightness what do you think?
Thanks

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
Hello I have a question for you i have ipad 4 running on iOS 6.1.3 and the battery life si poor It drains 1% of battery every 3 minits it is horrible I have WiFi on and max brightness what do you think?
Thanks

Absolutly normal 5h with full brightness is :cool:

Raiton10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Really? I have read all of these topics ipad 4 amazing battery life up to 17 hours and so on so this is normal?

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
It depends on what your are doing with your iPad. Dim brightness to 50% and you will see 10+ hours of usage.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Really? I have read all of these topics ipad 4 amazing battery life up to 17 hours and so on so this is normal?

Most battery tests are run at half-brightness. I can't imagine ever running my iPad at full. But if you like it set at full then you do pay a price in battery life.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Thanks

That is horrible. My iPad battery is extremely good. You might want to visit the Apple store soon.

P.S Didn't read the last sentence. Yeah 100% brightness is bond to happen ... Battery drainer !

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
There are different reports about 6.1.3 not being good on battery life, in other sections of this forum and on the net in general. If you google it, you'll find that there are quite a few other people saying the same thing.

Here's one sampling.

It's supposedly affecting bluetooth and wifi connectivity as well.

I'm glad I'm on 6.1.2. I imagine Apple will sort it out, but you might be in for a bit of a wait.

Raiton10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Well I have my ipad at full brightness because of the screen it looks like 80% on my iPhone so that´s the reason it can be of course the iOS version I hate these ****** apple upgrades nothing new but everythink worse I would never install this update but I bought it second hand cheaply so I have to wait I hope they will fix this

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
Well I have my ipad at full brightness because of the screen it looks like 80% on my iPhone so that´s the reason it can be of course the iOS version I hate these ****** apple upgrades nothing new but everythink worse I would never install this update but I bought it second hand cheaply so I have to wait I hope they will fix this

Commas and periods are your friends, get to know them.

That being said, if you haven't changed any habits from before 6.1.3, then yes, it's most likely the software version.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks

The abnormal thing here is that you set it on maximum brightness. Unless you are using it in the sun all-day long, that must be very bad for your eyes.

To give you an idea: most iPad users use their iPads at 30-60% brightness.

Want to adapt to a lower brightness? Use the device at like 20% brightness for a while (which you will probably _not_ enjoy) and than, after a while of using it at such a low brightness, set it at 40 or 50%. You'll than realize that 40/50% is bright enough.

Also, you can check your battery life at: "Settings > General > Usage"

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
The abnormal thing here is that you set it on maximum brightness. Unless you are using it in the sun all-day long, that must be very bad for your eyes.

To give you an idea: most iPad users use their iPads at 30-60% brightness.

Want to adapt to a lower brightness? Use the device at like 20% brightness for a while (which you will probably _not_ enjoy) and than, after a while of using it at such a low brightness, set it at 40 or 50%. You'll than realize that 40/50% is bright enough.

Also, you can check your battery life at: "Settings > General > Usage"

is there a way to lock the brightness setting?

Raiton10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
So I hope, that my ipad is working fine, I have to get used at lower brightness level or very poor battery life.I didn't realize, that normal users use it on 50-60% brightness level.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.