Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Didn't you start a Steam-bashing thread going on about not owning a physical product? Why then would you still support GOG.com?

Oh, and your thread title is too generic. That would be something you start off a conversation with, but isn't at all helpful for people perusing pages of discussions.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
New Dungeon Master Clone

Didn't you start a Steam-bashing thread going on about not owning a physical product? Why then would you still support GOG.com?

Oh, and your thread title is too generic. That would be something you start off a conversation with, but isn't at all helpful for people perusing pages of discussions.

Nope, my problem with Steam was/is in that you cannot download the game you have purchased, so if Steam is down and or your game is not available you cannot play it.

With Steam you buy a licence/the right to play a specific game, with GOG you down the game and manual maps etc that come with it.

Last edited:

Hackfix21

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2011

Not a very friendly reply to what I thought was a very interesting post! Do have a go at all those countless people who title threads with "please help" or "big problem" or similarly unhelpful titles, but what's wrong with this one?

I for one absolutely loved Dungeon Master on Atari ST in the 80s and recently played through Dungeon Master Java again on the Mac. Grimrock looks like fun!

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Not a very friendly reply to what I thought was a very interesting post! Do have a go at all those countless people who title threads with "please help" or "big problem" or similarly unhelpful titles, but what's wrong with this one?

I for one absolutely loved Dungeon Master on Atari ST in the 80s and recently played through Dungeon Master Java again on the Mac. Grimrock looks like fun!

Yea I thought the same, I have changed the title since.

Orginal title was ( Here is One For Bootcamp )

Why my Steam thread was brought up I have no Idea, GOG operates in a totally different way to Steam.

Anyway moving on, I cannot wait till the 11th to get stuck into Grimrock :)

Hackfix21

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2011
Did you try it? Seems to be getting bad bug-related reviews on iTunes. But it would be really great to play Dungeon Master on the iPad. I'm also waiting for Legend of Grimrock to make it to the iPad - allegedly they're working on it...

russo045

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013
I had played and ran into the same issues you mentioned. I just downloaded 2.1 which they say fixes the errors. I've been playing this evening and so far so good. I'm not sure if you saw but Return to Chaos was released by them as well. I've emailed back and forth with the developers a few times and they seem to really want to recreate these games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.