Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Actually, no, that's not correct. You called him "cheap," so if you weren't meaning to imply something, your choice of words betrayed you.

To recap:
  • $65 is too little for you, but $28K is too much.
  • $65 is right for him, but $28K and whatever-in-between-amount-you-think-is-"right" are both too much for him.
  • $65 and your-arbitrary-amount are too little for, according to Myiphone7, anyone with $5M in the bank, but $28K would be right.

See my point? Like I originally said, these are deeply personal decisions, and the right choice for one person/couple may be wrong for another person/couple. I find people imposing their views on others when it comes to this topic to be obnoxious because frankly, the only people that matter are those in the couple getting married.

:D

Ugh. This is getting ridiculous. If I called him cheap, I called him cheap. That's still not implying anything, it's stating something. You asked if I implied that spending 28K on a wedding would make it more special. I said no.

And again, what I was referencing was his statement that the FAVORITE PART OF HIS DAY WAS ONLY SPENDING $65!!! This has nothing to do with money, it has to do with the fact that he seems to value his expenditures as more important than the woman he married.

Nothing more, nothing less. If it's a good thing that you only spent $65, fine, no problem! But if that is your FAVORITE PART OF YOUR WEDDING DAY then sheesh!

Let's just agree to disagree, it's starting to get flame-warry in here.

Let's just get back to the freaking topic of a cracked phone. Jeez.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
LoL with a 50% divorce rate it seems many will have a few of those "events to remember", plus I still remember the day I got married..... the best memory is that it was only $65!

Not for her. Maybe you enjoyed being cheap but she didn't. I would like to know that I at least tried to provide a decent wedding for my wife since its her special moment as is mine.

darky90

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
Wow! :eek::eek::eek: I don't know, but that looks pretty badly damaged. If it was me, I'd just get a new phone, but I know money is tight for OP. I'm curious if this ever got fixed.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
After seeing the pictures, there is NO way that phone is repairable. Your best bet is to get a new phone. Best of luck.

Glickmandan

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2013
sorry to hear that, form the pics, your iPhone has been badly damaged, you can take it to the local apple store to ask about the fix cost, i do not think fix by yourself is a good idea.

yes, i agree with you, the phone seems totally bad, buying a new one is a better choice.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Just saw the pix. Are you @^%$* kidding man.

Never mind the phone, that bed is dangerous.

Gti303

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
Sorry for not replying...I went away for a bachelor party for a couple of weeks :)

For all the naysayers...I don't think you read my post, and just looked at the pics. I mentioned that the phone still completely works...its just busted in half haha.

Anyways, the parts came in, and I fixed the phone. Good as new. Total cost was around $58.

Heres a pic:

8643024399_de5fe99129.jpg

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
I just looked at the first post and burst out laughing. I simply cannot believe how lucky you were. I've recently taken my 4 apart to replace the home button, so I can see that where you happened to break it was the ONLY safe spot in the whole phone - i.e. you avoided the motherboard. Good effort!

On another note, that customisation you've got going on is pretty tempting - any chance of some clue as to where you got the midframe and glass (+LCD & digitiser) pieces from?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.