Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toyanucci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Hi, can anyone point me to an rss app that allows syncing of feeds so that the full stories are available offline? I would like an app that caches the full article page for offline viewing. I have searched but have not found any, so I decided to check here to see if ya'll can help.

I tried pulse and currents but they did not serve my need.

Anyhow, thanks in advance!

toyanucci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Offline RSS Solution!!

I'm posting back to say I have found the best solution out there, hopefully it will be of help to others.

IFTTT.com is a site which allows you to automate and manipulate many online services. What I did was use IFTTT to send my rss feed to Pocket (app) which downloads the full articles and pushes it to my ipad (or any other device with pocket installed and configured). Pocket can be configured to download the full website, a simplified version, or both. You can also add filters to the feed on ifttt to customize it.

Check it out and let me know your thoughts. If you need any help, hit me up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Thanks for the info. That is a pretty slick workaround. Looks like you could do the same thing using Readability. Perfect for just a few feeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.