Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pyrodex

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I've been a proclip person since I recently got my new car and I can tell you the cost is worth the quality. They spend time and effort to get car mounts that won't damage your car and require no screws to install. Once the mount is in the car you can change holders over and over again as you change phone models so the universal mount system is ideal. I recently got an iPhone 5 and was able to temporarily modify my old iPhone 4S dock until the new iPhone 5 one came out. I can say the solution with the lighting cable is ideal and elegant. Personally I've become a life long proclip person since using them now.

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
has anyone found any alternative brands since November? I'd try the ProClip, but i can't afford it.

sacrefrancais7

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
iPhone 30-pin adapter filed down to work with 5S in case

I'm not convinced attached version won't work. All that is needed is an adhesive that will bind plastic, copper, and soldering material to form a thin, durable layer less than 1mm thick.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 108

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
has anyone found any alternative brands since November? I'd try the ProClip, but i can't afford it.

Check out Tetrax.
Magnetic mounts that mount almost anywhere in your car.
You get two magnets so you can move the mount from car to car.
You get multiple mounting discs for your phone or phone case so when you get a new phone or case you just install a new disc.
And replacement magnets and discs are sold separately so you don't need to buy a whole new mount if you want to change cars or phones.
They've also got a model that clips onto your air vents but I don't care for that one -- too unstable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.