Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Well I think after this one I won't be backing anymore products like this on kickstarter. Everything gets pushed back and we will be lucky to see this case by March at this rate. At least I might be able to use it for 5 or 6 months before the next iPhone comes out. :p

LoL patience grasshopper! I too am a backer of slimline and am not worried. I expect a LONG wait when I back a project on KS. I have high hopes for this case but expect disappointment.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Well I think after this one I won't be backing anymore products like this on kickstarter. Everything gets pushed back and we will be lucky to see this case by March at this rate. At least I might be able to use it for 5 or 6 months before the next iPhone comes out. :p

That may be the case(lol) but it should be expected. However, the creators should have more updates. I don't think they understand how people are about their iPhone cases :D which is primarily the source of all the frustration we backers feel.

LoL patience grasshopper! I too am a backer of slimline and am not worried. I expect a LONG wait when I back a project on KS. I have high hopes for this case but expect disappointment.

I seriously just forgot about it. I knew it would have some major delays.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
What a joke. Still no case. The iphone 7 will be out by the time these will see the light of day. What waste of money.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Are there any backers here who can say what's happening with the project? Their most recent update (yesterday) is for backers only, and I'd like to purchase this retail. Thanks.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
What a joke. Still no case. The iphone 7 will be out by the time these will see the light of day. What waste of money.

Did you get your case already by any chance? Would love to see pictures?

Edit: Nevermind lol, I check the comments at their kickstarter page and its not looking good for these guys. All these people are upset because they haven't received their product and some of the backers are demanding a refund.

Last edited:

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Did you get your case already by any chance? Would love to see pictures?

Edit: Nevermind lol, I check the comments at their kickstarter page and its not looking good for these guys. All these people are upset because they haven't received their product and some of the backers are demanding a refund.

Seems a lot of people have great ideas but would be better off taking business classes at night also.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012

Read your name... there's your answer.

I love how all are crying about the project... IF you can't stand to lose $35 then maybe kickstarter isn't the place to be looking to blow some dough. Waaaa I want a refund waaaa... grow up ffs, you (people that back on ks) take a chance when you back new companies PLUS as far as I know there is no guarantee that you get a refund if the project tanks.

They did put up a vid of a not so perfect case, looked good except for some bonding issues. IF they can get it together looks to be a very promising case.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010

I love how all are crying about the project... IF you can't stand to lose $35 then maybe kickstarter isn't the place to be looking to blow some dough. Waaaa I want a refund waaaa... grow up ffs, you (people that back on ks) take a chance when you back new companies PLUS as far as I know there is no guarantee that you get a refund if the project tanks.

They did put up a vid of a not so perfect case, looked good except for some bonding issues. IF they can get it together looks to be a very promising case.

i love how everyone points to my name.
:D
as far as crying about the project, i think i have every right to complain when the estimated delivery date is december 2012. its been 4 months already.

lol at if i cant stand to lose $35? lol this isnt an investment. im not making money out of this. you're right kickstarter is not the place for me, after this horrible experience, i'll just wait till a product is officially launched.

the whole thing is deceptive anyway. lol at you defending the creator of slimline.

he hasnt even found the right material for the bumper. lmao what a joke.

im sure there are other kickstarter projects that are better handled than this.

----------

are you macrumors' resident troll? lmao.

https://forums.macrumors.com/search/?searchid=33546194

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
i love how everyone points to my name.
:D
as far as crying about the project, i think i have every right to complain when the estimated delivery date is december 2012. its been 4 months already.

lol at if i cant stand to lose $35? lol this isnt an investment. im not making money out of this. you're right kickstarter is not the place for me, after this horrible experience, i'll just wait till a product is officially launched.

the whole thing is deceptive anyway. lol at you defending the creator of slimline.

he hasnt even found the right material for the bumper. lmao what a joke.

im sure there are other kickstarter projects that are better handled than this.

----------

are you macrumors' resident troll? lmao.

https://forums.macrumors.com/search/?searchid=33546194

I voice my opinion and that opinion isn't always the sunny bunnies and candy opinion, people's sensitivities are not my problem. Post up something which I perceive as stupid on a public forum and I'll voice that opinion.

I think complaining about a $35 kickstarter project (you're so vain you probably thought that post was about you) is silly as there is absolutely NO guaranty they you will receive a product. I support KS projects because I like the potential that's there and I dig seeing the projects move forward (or not). Why do people gamble? Not for the potential payout, it's for the entertainment value. Same here for me.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010

take one for the team and let us know. :D

----------

I voice my opinion and that opinion isn't always the sunny bunnies and candy opinion, people's sensitivities are not my problem. Post up something which I perceive as stupid on a public forum and I'll voice that opinion.

I think complaining about a $35 kickstarter project (you're so vain you probably thought that post was about you) is silly as there is absolutely NO guaranty they you will receive a product. I support KS projects because I like the potential that's there and I dig seeing the projects move forward (or not). Why do people gamble? Not for the potential payout, it's for the entertainment value. Same here for me.

you quoted me, so as any normal human being, i'd assume you were talking about me.

its a lesson learned for me. i guess i should have done my homework in regards to the credibility of the person making the product. are you a backer of slimline?

AlphaTeam

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2005
Sorry to resurrect an old post.

It looks like they have a site up an running selling these. https://www.slimlineit.com/

It even pointed me to this post, which is funny since it got slammed. I've long since gotten rid of my Iphone 5 and not in need of this. It just kinda pisses me off that they are selling these and not giving them to their kickstarter backers.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008

It looks like they have a site up an running selling these. https://www.slimlineit.com/

It even pointed me to this post, which is funny since it got slammed. I've long since gotten rid of my Iphone 5 and not in need of this. It just kinda pisses me off that they are selling these and not giving them to their kickstarter backers.

How absurd! They ignored us for years on Kickstarter and they have the nerve to open a store? I sent them an Email. We should get all the Kickstarter people to post on their Twitter and FB

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012

How absurd! They ignored us for years on Kickstarter and they have the nerve to open a store? I sent them an Email. We should get all the Kickstarter people to post on their Twitter and FB

Yeah.... not even sure if those are actually producing or not.... the site looks a bid shady. Will be funny to see though. If it does start selling for real then I'll definitely hit them up for a case as my kids are still using the 5.

AlphaTeam

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2005
Yeah.... not even sure if those are actually producing or not.... the site looks a bid shady. Will be funny to see though. If it does start selling for real then I'll definitely hit them up for a case as my kids are still using the 5.

Ya I agree on shady part. However...those cases look different than the pictures I remember seeing initially. Granted, they fooled me once with the initial cases too. But they do actually look somewhat functional. If I had $20 to blow I'd buy one....or maybe...I can do my own kickstarter and get 20 people to chip in $1 and see if one actually comes.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I went through the whole process of trying to get a refund on the original product, made for the 4!!

What is basically came down to after contacting KS was that KS is not responsible and it is between the buyers and the sellers. We would basically have to file a class action law suit against the makers. Not worth it, obviously.

After this product came out, there was another company making basically the same case. They were 3D printing the case and they were crap. Broke immediately when trying to install the case.

It is not so much that I never got my money back, it is the fact that they never responded or came back and said they were sorry and they spent all their money and couldn't refund us. They just never responded.

AlphaTeam

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2005
From the "Why Bother Department" 3 years late but I got my case!!!!
I long since got a new phone. My son has a 5 and it fits like crap.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Wow, I guess I shouldn't have been complaining about CINDER's 2 month delay!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.