Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia
I rec'd the attached email supposedly from apple asking to verify my social and credit card info (the link, VERIFY NOW, asks all this stuff). This is not for real, or is it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 5.05.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 5.05.04 AM.png
    102 KB · Views: 138

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I rec'd the attached email supposedly from apple asking to verify my social and credit card info (the link, VERIFY NOW, asks all this stuff). This is not for real, or is it?

There is no link in it so it seems legit, never click a link but go to the original site to do so.
You can log into Apple and see what happens, but only do so directly.

Edit: Sorry there is a link, don't click on it, apple never asks for this in an email.

Hover the mouse above the link, what does it say?

Edit again: FYI, it's phishing not Fishing.:p

Last edited:

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia
j.gs/3671484/myappleidverifylocalangen

My dumb. It obviously looks phony now. I thought I was pretty savvy about this stuff but I foolishly clicked on the link. There awaited the form asking me turn over my bank account and make someone rich -).

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
j.gs/3671484/myappleidverifylocalangen

My dumb. It obviously looks phony now. I thought I was pretty savvy about this stuff but I foolishly clicked on the link. There awaited the form asking me turn over my bank account and make someone rich -).

I always hover above links so I can see what it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.