Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has long had a partnership with Best Buy for dedicated "Apple Shop" sections in many of the electronics retailer's stores, but a new report from Geek.com indicates that those Apple Shops will soon be joined by similar Samsung shops, with the upcoming Galaxy S4 launch serving as the impetus for the first round of store rollouts.
Geek.com has been told that the first wave of high traffic Best Buy locations will soon be receiving instruction to remove two aisles next to their mobile department and prepare to install a new Samsung store. This new section will be dressed in large Samsung signage and offer custom demo stations for many of Samsung's products. Locations with the new section will be issuing special training sessions for employees in the mobile department, focusing heavily on how to show off Samsung-specific features.
The report indicates that the Galaxy S4 will be the featured attraction of these shops, although Samsung's full line of smartphones and tablets will be on display.

best_buy_apple_shop.jpg
Best Buy Apple Shop
Apple and Samsung have of course become bitter rivals in the mobile device market, with Samsung rapidly establishing itself as the dominant manufacturer of Android-based devices and surpassing Apple in a number of metrics related to the smartphone market. Samsung has been tackling Apple head-on with its advertising, increasing its spending and sparking concerns that Apple needs to step up its game.

With the addition of high-profile shops inside Best Buy stores, Samsung has no doubt been able to leverage its recent successes in hopes of continuing that momentum for the Galaxy S4 and its other smartphone and tablet devices.

Article Link: Best Buy Reportedly Rolling Out Dedicated Samsung Store-Within-a-Store Concept

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
I wonder when stores will merely be store-in-store-galore paradigms... and then we can just call them MALLS.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
So essentially, they're just leasing space at Best Buy to sell their phones...?

Not very original, but then again...it is Samsung. :rolleyes:

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
It'll be interesting to see what Samsung's "store within a store" looks like. I wonder if it will have a large black wall behind a blond wood table.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Has Samsung had an original idea in their entire existence?

Considering Samsung has been around since 1938, I'm sure they've had stores for a long time. I've seen Samsung booths like that inside other stores for years, just because Best Buy are having them now they have to be copying?

Even if they did so what? You're complaining that they're having a store? Is Apple the only company allowed to have them?

UnfetteredMind

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
It'll be interesting to see what Samsung's "store within a store" looks like. I wonder if it will have a large black wall behind a blond wood table.

I was wondering the same. This will be interesting to see (only online as I don't think I've actually been to a BestBuy in years).

kevinpdoyle

macrumors member
May 2, 2012
This makes sense. Many other retail chains do this store within a store concept. With Best Buy's financial woes it does not surprise me that they are turning to this tactic.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
will it be staffed by little boys tap dancing?

Sandusky watch out

i'm not surprised by Samsung wanting to do this and striking a deal with Best Buy. we all know how Apple vs others tablets are displayed in that store. all of the Apple products work perfectly well. half of the Android tablets don't even turn on, another 1/4 of them haven't even been set up yet, and maybe the rest are OK. Best Buy clearly favors the Apple display products, so this will change things. good for Samsung, ASUS and the rest are screwed though

elvetio

macrumors member
May 29, 2012

Samsung stores.. great. I can experience the coolness of a refrigerator first hand

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.