Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janderson0719

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
Or know if I'm still at work, so there's no rush cooking dinner... without bothering me if I'm still stuck in a meeting or something. Or close to home already, or not moving stuck in traffic, etc.

I love the extreme, sporadic examples such as these. :rolleyes:

By taking my reasoning and extending it to extreme is not a good way to look at this. In that case, taking your argument, I can say the same thing about electricity or cellphone. I'm sure when those novelty first come into existence people are saying the same thing you are, but as they became more integral part of our lives eventually the argument subsided. (e.g., I can say the same about cellphone, what is the need of the cellphone? People can't just stick to landline, and wait to make phone calls when they get home, or get to a pay phone?)

Lets not compare the novelty implications of electricity to a "find your friend" app. Just... no...

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
Best illustration of a generation gap I've seen in quite some time.

Razeus never said it's without value to others.

Your bullet pointed "advantages" are exactly why Razeus won't use it.

----------

I'm a vegetarian as well and I'd rather have a bloody rare steak theme than this horrific faux leather abomination.

Generation gap? My parents are in their early 60s, and they like this app very much. It put my Mother's mind at ease when she can't get to my sister, either because my sister has the phone on silent or simply don't wake up to the ring. Also, calling is not always the best idea, given the time difference (overseas). And the reverse is true as well.

NuMystic

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2008
Generation gap? My parents are in their early 60s, and they like this app very much.

You just made my point, so it seems you missed it entirely.

The gap I was pointing to was in the other direction.

Everyone understands perfectly well the sense of security this offers you personally and that's fine.

Perhaps you could be as open minded about how micromanaged and overzealous that seems to others who don't require or desire that same level of detail to feel at ease and comfortable?

What you find convenient others find excessive. *shrugs* To each their own.

larrybeo

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Now I have to download this...

Just to make the vegetarian PETA thumpers made about the digital leather. One more download = one more animal dead. Rejoice meat eaters!

PantherCreek

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I used this app with the family on a recent vacation. Since we all come from different cities, in different states, it was easy to see where everyone was in route to our destination; without having to text everyone and wait for responses.

It also came in pretty handy during the trip when we would split up to do our own things but would meet up for dinner.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Just to make the vegetarian PETA thumpers made about the digital leather. One more download = one more animal dead. Rejoice meat eaters!

Ah, the Internet, bastion of tolerance and respect for other's opinions. No skin off my back brother, or any animal's for that matter. Download that hideous app as much as you want.

P.S. -- I hate PETA.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Am I the only one who LOVES the design of this app? The leather makes it feel premium, like I'm using an expensive quality product that can only be found on iOS. It contrasts strongly to the cheap looking Android apps.

For me the color reminds me cat poop.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Am I the only one who LOVES the design of this app? The leather makes it feel premium, like I'm using an expensive quality product that can only be found on iOS. It contrasts strongly to the cheap looking Android apps.

I created a nice leather sofa app and sat on it. I watched a movie on a nice tv app on my iPad.

Now my phone is broken, I have back pain and my arms are sore from holding the pad... Try to do this on Android!

Identity Fraud

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
OMG this is exactly whats wrong with society today. how did people survive for centuries without those apps?

I know, it's just like people who own multiple personal computers, a smart phone, tablet and a streaming media device! People survived for centuries without all those things! We don't need them.

Or maybe you can accept the fact that you're under no obligation to use or like the app while recognizing that a minority of people may find it functional. Shocking isn't it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.