Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
Does anybody collect iPhones? I like to collect them and put them on display . As of right now I have about 15 iPhones of different styles and aftermarket colors and just love collecting them! Going to get a couple 5s when they come out to add to my collection.
Anybody else collect them like me?

don't know why you would take that up as a hobby. But if you ever fall upon hard times you could sell them and make a **** ton of cash.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
Personally, the way I see it is that the apps themselves will have more value than the phones. Because 10 years from now, the ones we have on our iOS devices now, won't still be in development. The app scene in 2008 was totally different to what it is now too.

Apps get better and are improved weekly in some cases. Why would I want an app, aside from maybe a game, from 2008? Pass.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Really? His statement bothered you that much? Come on now, it's ok.

Yes, it did bother me that much.

I freely admit to possibly being too reactive to stuff like that, but that kind of attitude has caused immeasurable harm to many groups of people.

Apologies if it was too strong a reaction...attribute it to oversensitivity:).

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Yes, it did bother me that much.

I freely admit to possibly being too reactive to stuff like that, but that kind of attitude has caused immeasurable harm to many groups of people.

Apologies if it was too strong a reaction...attribute it to oversensitivity:).

LoL.... not over sensitive as I agree with you 100% but I've learned over the years, being a very liberal person in a conservative organization, to simply feel pity on the un-enlightened and encourage them to the light. (you know the sticks and stones defense lol) I guess in your own way that is what you were doing so I stand in the wrong...... maybe don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that it upset you, It's been my experience that type feed off it.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
LoL.... not over sensitive as I agree with you 100% but I've learned over the years, being a very liberal person in a conservative organization, to simply feel pity on the un-enlightened and encourage them to the light. (you know the sticks and stones defense lol) I guess in your own way that is what you were doing so I stand in the wrong...... maybe don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that it upset you, It's been my experience that type feed off it.

A perfectly defensible strategy...not at all unreasonable, especially considering the situation in which you find yourself.:D

One might argue, however, that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing (often mistakenly attributed to Edmund Burke). Unfortunately, minds are seldom changed by rational argument, so the honest answer is... sometimes I just can't keep my big mouth shut!:eek:

:D

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
iPhone collection, with pics!

Post pics

Here's a corroborated iPhone collection (from left to right):

1) iPhone, 8GB (received this one for free as I was an Apple employee at the time!)

2) iPhone 3G, 8GB

3) iPhone 3GS, 32GB

4) iPhone 4, 16GB

5) iPhone 4GS, 16GB

6) iPhone 5 (my fiance's -- she has it, included the box for proof)

Booya achieved!

Habitus :apple:

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 66

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
^
All you need now is each color in each GB!
Then your collection is complete.

Oh, and don't forget the original boxes and accessories.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
The prices for a mint original iPhone on eBay are quite high--so I'd say there are a lot of collectors.

No they arent. You can get a original iPhone in mint condition for $100. Nobody is buying those at the rediculous prices on eBay.

I dont see the point in collecting phones as it is a way of life now but hey, ....some people collect Pez dispensors so i guess there are more silly things to collect.

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
No they arent. You can get a original iPhone in mint condition for $100. Nobody is buying those at the rediculous prices on eBay.

I dont see the point in collecting phones as it is a way of life now but hey, ....some people collect Pez dispensors so i guess there are more silly things to collect.

To each their own...

Besides, given the nature of this thread, collecting iPhones is quite relevant.

:cool:

Habitus :apple:

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
I would get a less expensive hobby like collecting cards or stickers lol

Like other people have said I sell my old iPhone to buy the newer one. Saves me money from spending another $600 on the new iPhone.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
I have a mint condition iPhone 2g 16gb with box and papers if you want to pick it up. Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.