Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Planky

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2009
The Sunny Isle of Wight
I have a conundrum that I hope the mighty intellects here can help me with. :D

I have upgraded to am iPhone 5, so I wiped my old iPhone 4s and gave it to my daughter. We each have and are logged into our own Apple IDs on our respective iPhones.

The problem I have is that if I set my identity to myself in Settings->General->Siri->My Info on the iPhone 5 it changes on the iPhone 4s too, and if my daughter sets her identity it changes mine.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Somewhere in Apple's servers, it sees the 4S still connected to you. Start here:

supportprofile.apple.com

Login with your Apple ID and have her do the same with her ID. Check and make sure that the 4S is linked to her account and not yours.

Planky

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2009
The Sunny Isle of Wight
Somewhere in Apple's servers, it sees the 4S still connected to you. Start here:

supportprofile.apple.com

Login with your Apple ID and have her do the same with her ID. Check and make sure that the 4S is linked to her account and not yours.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have removed the iPhone 4s from my profile and added it to my daughter's profile and have given it a month to settle down, but it still keeps both iPhones to the same identity. :(

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have removed the iPhone 4s from my profile and added it to my daughter's profile and have given it a month to settle down, but it still keeps both iPhones to the same identity. :(

Are you logged in to the same iCloud account? Sign in to the same apple account, but you should each have your own iCloud account.

Planky

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2009
The Sunny Isle of Wight
Are you logged in to the same iCloud account? Sign in to the same apple account, but you should each have your own iCloud account.

We each have our own iCloud accounts and are signed in on our own iPhones. The iPhone 4s used to be mine, but I have removed it from my support profile and added it to my daughters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.