Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Why would you want a domestic, US company which offers its employees tremendous benefits and which creates wonderful products to be outpaced by a lying, sneaking and downright cheating Asian competitor? That does nothing for the US economy.

Did I ever say I want that to happen? No.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
Jobs for kids.

This girl is all for jobs for our young people, but when I walk into a bustbuy there are more sales reps than there are customers. Everyone has internet access now and everyone makes purchases online, these store fronts are mainly live demo display ads for them right?

----------

I thought Samsung already had this? There are dedicated Samsung kiosks at my local Best Buy. I don't see anyone every standing around them though. Just like I never see anyone playing around with tablets other than iPads.

You got macshades on or something? I see so many variety of products being used out there, so many, because there are astronomical choices for every body. I see more samsung than I see apple used by every day regular folk at work, in school or in business... I'm seeing people with more variety of gadgets than ever before. Many people even have one of each brand - seriously!

I.Love.Apple

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
I thought Samsung already had this? There are dedicated Samsung kiosks at my local Best Buy. I don't see anyone every standing around them though. Just like I never see anyone playing around with tablets other than iPads.

Are you trying to insinuate something with this nobody is playing around rant? You know perfectly well that people buy more Samsung devices (and way more Android devices) that they buy Apple devices? Maybe people are playing a lot with Apple devices in BestBuy simply because they can't afford them (hence no buying, just playing)? Or maybe iOS GUI is so confusing it takes people a while to figure it out?

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
Not to mention the millions of dollars Apple is purposefully keeping in offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes.

Yes, because Apple Germany, which pays taxes in Germany, should then ship it's money to the US, so they can pay some of the highest taxes in the world. :rolleyes:

Please stop with the tax statements. You don't understand corporate tax laws nor international corporations. You're making yourself look silly. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.