Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
You know what I find kind of annoying, the outer aluminum case of the Air attracts a lot of dust and such, especially the top when the laptops been closed for a day.

I also dislike how the palm rest area gets this white-ish stain from natural perspiration while working/typing on the laptop that I have to constantly wipe off.

=T

Anyway, like others, I use a micro fiber cloth with a tab of water.

Why not consider a case for the palm rest (like this one: http://twelvesouth.com/products/surfacepad_air/ )?

x5tuu

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2012
for the body I use AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, then Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax

for the screen I use Autoglym Glass Cleaner, then RainX to make it sparkle ;)

Mid-2011 that looks almost brand new lol

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
On the chassis, simply 70% rubbing alcohol and water in a 50/50 solution. For the screen just water and a quality microfiber cloth. I use warm water if the dirt on the screen is stubborn. Been doing it for 20 years on all my portables (had 27 of them - 16 of them Macs) and so far no problems. :)

Amen to that! That's what I do and it makes the Mac look brand new!

wolfpuppies3

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
Keyboard - never have cleaned it - use a keyboard cover. Screen, Griot's glass cleaner sparingly with microfiber. Once a year or so. Cover/case, same as Screen. Keep my MacBooks in BookBooks so they almost never need any sort of cleaning.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
Damp microfiber cloth, plus some special spray for the screen from a tech shop.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
for the body I use AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, then Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax

for the screen I use Autoglym Glass Cleaner, then RainX to make it sparkle ;)

Mid-2011 that looks almost brand new lol

You forgot the part where you pressure wash it first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.