Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
I've got a new iMac and the latest iPhone '11 (9.4.2) and at random times iPhoto quites while in the background doing nothing, that I know of.

Is this a known problem with iPhoto as it seemed more stable on my PPC G5 I was running a few months ago. The last time it crashed it on start it required a rebuild or something. Nothing was lost as far as I can tell.

Right now it has around 8300 photos, 8.7Gb in total size.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
I've got a new iMac and the latest iPhone '11 (9.4.2) and at random times iPhoto quites while in the background doing nothing, that I know of.

Is this a known problem with iPhoto as it seemed more stable on my PPC G5 I was running a few months ago. The last time it crashed it on start it required a rebuild or something. Nothing was lost as far as I can tell.

Right now it has around 8300 photos, 8.7Gb in total size.

I haven't heard of any known issue - but from what your describing I assume you imported your old library from an older iPhoto version running on your Power PC Mac. Probably some errors occurred when importing your library. If you still have an backup of your old library try a second import. And create a backup of your current iPhoto library.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Thanks for the replay, I do have the original on the old G5 Mac but I've added photos in the last few months.

Also I know there is a way to force iPhoto the rebuild and check the library when you launch iPhoto but can't remember the keys to hold down to do this. Maybe that will help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.