Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
I have searched all over (Cydia,Google,Here) but I am having no luck. Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the 4G icon at the top of my iPhone 5?

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Alright, well thank you for posting anyway I appreciate it!

I just thought of something just now . Download zeppelin from cydia . Then go to settings and select "none" and I believe that will remove any logo up there in the status bar . Try that and let me know if that worked for you .

trvsglr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
I just thought of something just now . Download zeppelin from cydia . Then go to settings and select "none" and I believe that will remove any logo up there in the status bar . Try that and let me know if that worked for you .

No that just took away the AT&T but left the 4G. It's not really a big deal, I'm just puzzled why Springtomize won't work with it. I hope I'm selecting the right option. I'm selecting to hide "Data Network".

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Do you mean the default apple logo?

Do you have Winterboard? Go into yout Themes folder: (with iFile)

Code:
/Library/Themes/

And create a "No4G" folder, with another one called "Bundles" inside, and one called "com.apple.UIKit" inside, so it looks like:

Code:
/Library/Themes/No4G/Bundles/com.apple.UIKit/

Then create 6 1x1 pixels transparent PNGs with photoshop or whatever and put them into that folder with the following names:

(That's assmuming you're on a retina phone)

Go into Winterboard, apply theme and respring. It should work.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Do you mean the default apple logo?

Do you have Winterboard? Go into yout Themes folder: (with iFile)

Code:
/Library/Themes/

And create a "No4G" folder, with another one called "Bundles" inside, and one called "com.apple.UIKit" inside, so it looks like:

Code:
/Library/Themes/No4G/Bundles/com.apple.UIKit/

Then create 6 1x1 pixels transparent PNGs with photoshop or whatever and put them into that folder with the following names:

(That's assmuming you're on a retina phone)

Go into Winterboard, apply theme and respring. It should work.

Thank you but before I could try this I had to restore my phone and it made me freaking update.

trvsglr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
And you didn't think to try uninstalling tweaks before restoring. I think you're better off unjailbroken.

Yea I did think of that. Being jail broken is not really that big of a deal. I mostly do it for theming. I didn't feel like pissing around with it so I just restored it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.