Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac_i_Am

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
austin, tx
I recently got the new 27" imac and i imported my bookmarks into safari.
Everything seemed fine but when i click on any page/link that's INSIDE a Bookmark Bar folder, it opens Thunderbird mail app (wtf?).

And not the webpage in Thunderbird, but just the app.

If the saved link is not inside a bookmark bar folder, then the webpage will open just fine.

Kind of cute but starting to get a annoying fast...

:confused:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
I updated your title to something a bit more meaningful. Ambiguous titles may not get the traffic you wish.

Mac_i_Am

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
austin, tx
Is your Default browser set to Thunderbird in Safari's General preferences?

The default browser is safari under safari's general preference.
Any idea why thunderbird is opening?

Also dug into thunderbird's preference and didnt see anything that should cause this.

:confused:

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
A more advanced thing you could try is deleting the .plist files related to Safari and Thunderbird under ~Users/<user>/Library/Preferences.

Be forewarned however that this will reset all your preferences for both apps.

Also be sure not to delete others! If you do, no harm will be done, it just means things will go back to default settings.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
A more advanced thing you could try is deleting the .plist files related to Safari and Thunderbird under ~Users/<user>/Library/Preferences.

Be forewarned however that this will reset all your preferences for both apps.

Also be sure not to delete others! If you do, no harm will be done, it just means things will go back to default settings.

Yep, have to agree with most, but you could also move the .plist file to the desktop and then relaunch Safari and/or Thunderbird, if this did not make a difference you could move them back so that Safari/Thunderbird are as before you moved them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.