Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steadyshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Hello!

I have a macbook pro 13 mid 2012, with osx 10.8.3 installed. Chrome 26 flickers at grey shades. For instance, it flickers at the lower grey part of the macworld.com web page. With safari 6.0.3, (or the previous chrome) there is no flickering at all.

Has that ever happened to anyone of you? Any solutions? Thank you.

steadyshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Please move my thread to mac applications. I didn't notice that category when I first posted.

drvan

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
Yes, I get this too only with Chrome. It doesn't occur with Safari or Firefox. Very annoying and the flickering happens with greys and sometimes blacks.

b0fh666

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
south
it is not a chrome problem, the problem is in the LCD. I have two mid-2012 13-inchers both flicker the same on the gray screen.

steadyshot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
It does not happen with safari and firefox. What lcd problem are you talking about. Its chrome problem.

b0fh666

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2012
south
it does not happen in firefox because the shade of gray it uses is a little different.

for starters, chrome does not flicker on my crappy LG external monitor, just on the macbook's LCD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.