Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phile92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
I keep debating whether to buy an Ipad mini or wait for the Ipad mini 2. Today Walmart slashed prices on 16 gb iPad mini to 299. I called Apple and they will price match it. I am hesitant after reading the posts. Should I get it or wait for the Ipad mini 2

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire
I keep debating whether to buy an Ipad mini or wait for the Ipad mini 2. Today Walmart slashed prices on 16 gb iPad mini to 299. I called Apple and they will price match it. I am hesitant after reading the posts. Should I get it or wait for the Ipad mini 2

Get it now.

phile92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Ipad mini on sale at walmart 299

Get it or wait for ipad mini 2? Apple will price match.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Just saw that online that it was $299. It said rollback so I'm guessing that's going to be the regular price. Probably what it should have sold for at release.

So does this mean refurbs will be even cheaper...

I still haven't ruled out a summer release for a mini. I would like a cellular version though

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Ipad mini still sell really good so i doubt they would try to release anything before last quarter.

Im more worry about ipod touch 5 because now they are at the same price.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Ipad mini still sell really good so i doubt they would try to release anything before last quarter.

Im more worry about ipod touch 5 because now they are at the same price.

Well I felt the same way, the ipad mini selling real well so this is surprising. I don't think Walmart is loaded with Minis either at least not at locations I frequent but maybe their warehouses are?

Maybe a Mini 2 is coming sooner than I anticipated, reading rumors though it does not appear that is the case.

liangxyz

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2013
yeah,i think so,I still haven't ruled out a summer release for a mini. I would like a cellular version though
eh

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
No lower price for the current Mini would sway me to buy it. I tried it twice, it went back twice and the 4 gives me my current happy face. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.