Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I didn't like it when Jay replaced Carson but now he's an institution.

For all the criticism Leno gets, you've got to give him credit for being atop the ratings for 20 years, especially following a legend in the host's seat.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
For all the criticism Leno gets, you've got to give him credit for being atop the ratings for 20 years, especially following a legend in the host's seat.
Or it just shows how stupid the viewing audience is.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Or it just shows how stupid the viewing audience is.

And the "Finally Someone Said Something Rational" Award goes to...

From my limited perspective (having only seen Leno a few times), if you think Henny Youngman and Bob Hope were funny, you'll love Leno.

If you think Lenny Bruce or Richard Pryor were funny, Leno...not so much.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

chuckiehina

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2007
About time [for Leno to leave].
  1. I hope It sticks and Leno really goes away
  2. I am wondering why it takes a whole year
  3. Think this just smells like a publicty stunt to boost both of their current ratings.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
About time [for Leno to leave].
  1. I hope It sticks and Leno really goes away
  2. I am wondering why it takes a whole year
  3. Think this just smells like a publicty stunt to boost both of their current ratings.

1. With Fallon taking his place it will stick.
2. It takes a while because of contracts and Leno's ego.
3. Could be. NBC certainly needs some ratings.

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
Can I get Arsenio Hall back?

Maybe I'm an old guy, but I liked Letterman over Leno for years but then switched. I rarely watch either, I read at night.

Jimmy Kimble is ok, Conan was good for awhile, and Jimmy Fallon looks like he just walked out of a tanning bed / salon and just got his eyebrows waxed.

I actually appreciate diversity in comedy. If you grew up in the Arsenio Hall time, with the dog pound, you know what I'm talking about.

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Can I get Arsenio Hall back?

Maybe I'm an old guy, but I liked Letterman over Leno for years but then switched. I rarely watch either, I read at night.

Jimmy Kimble is ok, Conan was good for awhile, and Jimmy Fallon looks like he just walked out of a tanning bed / salon and just got his eyebrows waxed.

I actually appreciate diversity in comedy. If you grew up in the Arsenio Hall time, with the dog pound, you know what I'm talking about.

Arsenio will be back in September have no fear.
http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/arsenio-hall-returns-to-late-night/2127373131001?&page=6

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Seth Myers has been picked to replace Jimmy Fallon on Late Night.
NEW YORK - May 12, 2013 – NBC names the versatile Emmy-winning writer/performer Seth Meyers as the new host of "Late Night" when Jimmy Fallon moves to "The Tonight Show" in 2014. Lorne Michaels will executive produce “Late Night with Seth Meyers” and Michael Shoemaker will remain with the franchise as producer. “Late Night with Seth Meyers” will originate from 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...n-takes-over-the-tonight-show-in-2014/182287/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.