Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Newer will almost always be faster and have better battery life. That does not mean the previous entire model year "sucked". This is a very basic concept, and one which you seem to be having an issue grasping.

1) I have an issue with this concept yet I'm the one who mentioned it? Makes sense

2) 2011 is newer than 2010 and does not have better battery life. (which is what we're talking about)

3) You had no idea what this discussion was even about until i told you. You thought it was battery capacities between Air's and Pro's

Any more douchebaggery you'd like to contribute?

We have one person with anecdotal evidence, and a professional review backing it up. Yet you're still crying in your corner about topics that have nothing to do with the discussion and have contributed nothing of value to the contrary... Yet you're still standing on your soapbox, complaining.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
Sorry - I'm not going to escalate your personal attacks. I never mentioned macbook pros.

I said a sample size of 1 is the definition of "anecdotal". You can't say something "sucks" because your single experience with it wasn't good in some way.

Since this 1-1 isn't advancing the thread in any way (except allow you to use the word "douchebaggery"), I'd say lets just let it go...

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Sorry - I'm not going to escalate your personal attacks. I never mentioned macbook pros.

Oh really?

Did you even read your link?

"The new Air models retain the same battery capacities as their predecessors: 35Wh for the 11 and 50Wh for the 13. It wasn't too long ago that the 15-inch MacBook Pro only had a 50Wh battery so this new 13-inch MacBook Air should be a good upgrade for users of older MacBook Pros even from a battery life standpoint."

You tried to prove your point by pointing out a quote that was talking about battery capacities (which was not the discussion) of a MacBook Pro (which was not the device in question) in other words, completely irrelevant to anything being discussed here, and proceeded to make it sound like I was the one who was lost.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
I'll keep this simple for you.

BlueHusky responded to the thread (about 5 posts from the OP) that the 2011 Air sucked, BECAUSE IT HAD TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE). Then several other posters (including me), said you can't draw a conclusion about an entire model year from your single experience. You posted an article link to "prove" that the battery life DID suck, and I quoted from your article where they say the Air actually has a decent sized battery, and they compared it to the size of the battery in the Pro.

My points have been about not turning a sample size of 1 into an over-arching statement, and about the fact that the battery life of the 2011 Air did not suck.

Thats it. My comments have been about the topic of the thread. You just don't like being disagreed with.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Yeah, that's what I said...

You tried to prove your point by pointing out a quote that was talking about battery capacities (which was not the discussion) of a MacBook Pro (which was not the device in question) in other words, completely irrelevant to anything being discussed here, and proceeded to make it sound like I was the one who was lost.

Sounds to me like you're the confused one here.

All you've done here is cry and complain about essentially nothing and offered nothing of value. If I'm wrong, please point out your useful contributions in this thread.

Or you can go ahead and repeat yourself and act like your comments have been about this thread. Claim you never mentioned mackbook pro, and pretend capacity in a completely different device is the same as run time.

Last edited:

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
As much as I'd love to continue to engage with you, this is providing nothing of value to the thread. Feel free to have the last word.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Thanks, but I took the last word after posting that AT article... You know, when you had nothing more to say and started talking a Mac Book Pro's battery capacity.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
2011 base model MBA11, battery life is 5hrs with a lot of **** running and brightness at 50% maybe a bit less and keyboard light off.

Btw i wouldnt trust any battery test/review from Anandtech or any other website, the real test is your usage.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
2011 base model MBA11, battery life is 5hrs with a lot of **** running and brightness at 50% maybe a bit less and keyboard light off.

Btw i wouldnt trust any battery test/review from Anandtech or any other website, the real test is your usage.

i get 4-5 with brightness full, keyboard off, transmission, mail and safari running with the odd other app. 2012 11"
similar enough to say that the 2011 has no worse battery life than 2012

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.