Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Before the evasi0n jailbreak was out, I used CarrierEditor to customize my logo (iPhone 5 on Verizon.)

I have since jailbroken, and now would rather use Zeppelin to customize the logo instead. And try as I might, I can't get the logo to permanently revert back to the original! I have followed the instructions, used iTunes to install the "original" .ipcc file created. I've tried with higher number, lower number, and nothing seems to work. Well, it works for a bit, I see the original (text) logo but a little bit later, after a respring, or a restart, or a Cydia app install (it almost seems random) I see that the logo has gone back to my CarrierEditor "customized" one. It just keeps coming back.

I can't stand it anymore, and it worries me that I've corrupted my logo in some way that can't be easily reverted.

Can someone help? How do I change it back, remove the logo customization, so it's back to exactly what it'd be stock? I don't want to have to do a whole phone restore, either.

Please help, you're my only hope :)

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Before the evasi0n jailbreak was out, I used CarrierEditor to customize my logo (iPhone 5 on Verizon.)

I have since jailbroken, and now would rather use Zeppelin to customize the logo instead. And try as I might, I can't get the logo to permanently revert back to the original! I have followed the instructions, used iTunes to install the "original" .ipcc file created. I've tried with higher number, lower number, and nothing seems to work. Well, it works for a bit, I see the original (text) logo but a little bit later, after a respring, or a restart, or a Cydia app install (it almost seems random) I see that the logo has gone back to my CarrierEditor "customized" one. It just keeps coming back.

I can't stand it anymore, and it worries me that I've corrupted my logo in some way that can't be easily reverted.

Can someone help? How do I change it back, remove the logo customization, so it's back to exactly what it'd be stock? I don't want to have to do a whole phone restore, either.

Have you tried going in to Zeppelins settings and disabling it? Or just removing Zeppelin? Have you restarted the device?

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
stonyboys said:
Hi, not sure how often you visit the thread for carrier logos lately. But I did see that you were the best and most capable at making them. So just wondering if you could make this for me: https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=398785&d=1361562398

Just the logo on the left, in white please. Thanks so much!

I have been ill with the flu... and since getting the Note II I have been tinkering with it... haven't visited this thread much...

Attachments

• telus.png
    telus.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,072
  • telusETCHED.png
    telusETCHED.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,055

kmpoboy2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Alabama

Are you are trying to revert back to stock logo while having zeppelin installed?

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Have you tried going in to Zeppelins settings and disabling it? Or just removing Zeppelin? Have you restarted the device?

Are you are trying to revert back to stock logo while having zeppelin installed?

I tried everything to get rid of the LOGO that I thought was cute, installed via CarrierEditor (and later, no longer wanted.)

Yes, I disabled and removed Zeppelin. Tried installing a "blank" carrier logo. It worked... for a bit. The carrier went back to the plain "Verizon" text. And then an hour or two later, after a respring, a reboot, or some unrelated Cydia install, the dang LOGO would return. I tried installing another "blank" carrier logo. With a newer version number. An older version number. The same version number. Every time, same result. No matter what, the text would eventually change back to the LOGO... that I began to despise.

Out of frustration, I actually reinstalled and enabled Zeppelin to mask the LOGO for awhile... but it grated on me. I didn't like having to do that. And I like WiCarrier as a tweak, which doesn't work with these other logo enhancers, so I really wanted to get to the bottom of it.

The only thing that worked for me was a complete restore. And then I re-jailbroke. Now I am happy with WiCarrier, as well as Zeppelin (as I can customize it from time-to-time, on-the-fly, with no residual effects.) I've gotta say, I'm a fairly competent troubleshooter, a seasoned jailbreaker, and can follow instructions well. Carrier Editor (and its "undo instructions") simply did not work for me, and unfortunately, ended up being more of a hassle than I thought I was signing up for. #DONOTWANT

Alas, I'm happy to have fixed my situation. Just took some time, is all.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
This can be deleted. I found another way around my issue.

I read your question:

Hey all, when this first became available I changed my iPhone 5 logo to a custom one just using the ".ipcc" files through iTunes. The custom one was Carrier version 13.4 while the original was 13.3 (at the time) Currently my phone says 14.1 and now I need to restore to the original - as I have to take the iPhone in for service.

My question is can I safely use the old 13.3 version of the original .ipcc file even though my current version on the iphone says 14.1? Thanks all.

...and am curious to know what the "other way around" your issue ended up being. Can you post it here to potentially help others in the same boat?

leoneedees

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2012
I read your question:

...and am curious to know what the "other way around" your issue ended up being. Can you post it here to potentially help others in the same boat?

Hey, I seemingly thought I figured it out as I was able to get my Verizon logo back for a half a day but then it updated carrier settings randomly and brought back the custom icon. This has been such a hassle trying to get it to restore. I even tried overlaying a new custom Verizon 14.2 logo and then restoring back to the original Verizon 14.1 logo with no luck(creating a .icpp bundle). It actually reverts back to 14.0 (which is when it says Verizon) but then it updates carriers randomly to 14.1 (which is my old custom one).

I have a Genius appointment for my Sleep/Wake button tomorrow so if I can't figure out a fix tonight looks like I'll have to just wipe it all so it can be stock for when I bring it in.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Yeah - sounds like you experienced the same as me. I guess lots of folks haven't tried reverting their logos back to stock after using CarrierEditor? It doesn't revert permanently. I had to restore. Others will too. Yeesh, what a mess.

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I have been ill with the flu... and since getting the Note II I have been tinkering with it... haven't visited this thread much...

I cropped out the "telus" myself, and i tried it with customcarrierlogo (windows) but it didnt work. Carrier version updated but logo didnt change. Does this not work with telus?

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
How can I get no Logo for my Siwsscom Carrier Bundle on a mac? It works perfect with the pic i created. But I like a no Logo Carrier Bundle just with the signal strange and E/3G/LTE Signal!

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Got bored and decided to make one myself. I always thought this wallpaper was rather colorful, so I thought why not.
Looks cool on my iPhone.

Attachments

• Geek.png
    Geek.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 809
  • Geek_Etched.png
    Geek_Etched.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 801

ChunkyMunkyLuva

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2013
Could someone create the original O2-UK black/white logo? Someone tried to create it earlier in the thread but for some reason it didn't scale up properly. This is just a screenshot of it but it doesn't work well when you use it, probably because it's not white.. Thanks

n_Fq_Sp.png

Also, does anyone know if you can use a different provider when creating the ipcc files? So if I used O2-UK it would come up with that logo..?

Last edited:

kmpoboy2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Alabama
Don't know if anyone still uses this but here's an iOS one I just made today out of boredom.

Plain iOS without any number.

Attachments

• iOS.png
    iOS.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 643
  • iOS_etched.png
    iOS_etched.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
my phones stuck on the Detroit tigets logo, was trying to put Nike and it will NOT change even if i try to revert back to the tmobile :(

CBillups1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
Did you hard rebooted the phone after you changed it?

no at first, it wouldnt even put the Detroit logo then it finally did without reboot

ive tried like 20 times changing to Nike but it wont work.

and if hard rebooting is holding both buttons then yes i did and im trying again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.