Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
I upgraded to iTunes 11 and since the upgrade I get the following message:

"This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes."

This only happens with iTunes purchased movies. It happens on all even the ones bought prior to the upgrade. I tried the 32Bit version of iTunes and it just froze. any suggestions? thanks T

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Have you made sure you have updated to the latest version of Quicktime? What version are you running? Mac or Windows? Does the error code just say "Quicktime" or does it specify a minimum Quicktime version number? Have you tried Googling your error message?

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Have you made sure you have updated to the latest version of Quicktime? What version are you running? Mac or Windows? Does the error code just say "Quicktime" or does it specify a minimum Quicktime version number? Have you tried Googling your error message?

I am running the latest version of OS X 10.8.3, so Quicktime should be up to date since it's built into OS X. It just says, "This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes." I have iTunes 11.0.2. I have purchased the movies from iTunes, I just can't watch them on my rMBP. It only does this for a few, The Dark Knight Rises, 28 Days Later, Patton, Paul and a few Pixar movies. I have Googled and found people saying to change iTunes to 32bit and iTunes just freezes.

TofSanity

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
UPDATE:

I deleted any movie that wouldn't play in my iTunes library, only the library, then added back and now they work. Go figure...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.