Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strausd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
I am on my 4th Nexus 4 thanks to all the bad units I have received. And on all my past ones, my G+ instant upload private album would always show up in the gallery app. But now, it doesn't show it. It just shows random picasa albums that I have never set up that have some of my older instant upload photos in it. Also, there is an album called "Instant upload" in my gallery app, but there are 0 pictures in it.

When I go to the G+ app, there are over 200 pictures in my instant upload album there.

Does anyone know how to get this functionality back? Having my instant upload folder right in the gallery was very convenient for sharing pictures.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
you can't get it back, google have changed it and broken the gallery

instant upload is now split into sub folders based on the date the photo was taken, gallery doesn't recognise subfolders so shows each one as a separate album

I have given up on gallery for now and just use the g+ photos instead

it's been like this now for about 2 months, so not expecting a fix soon

strausd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
you can't get it back, google have changed it and broken the gallery

instant upload is now split into sub folders based on the date the photo was taken, gallery doesn't recognise subfolders so shows each one as a separate album

I have given up on gallery for now and just use the g+ photos instead

it's been like this now for about 2 months, so not expecting a fix soon

Dang that is really frustrating. Not to mention all my recent pictures that I take aren't even showing up in these new automatically created "albums". And now I can't send one of those pictures via mms to someone from the G+ app.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Dang that is really frustrating. Not to mention all my recent pictures that I take aren't even showing up in these new automatically created "albums". And now I can't send one of those pictures via mms to someone from the G+ app.

If the pictures where taken with the phone, then you should be able to go into the gallery app and select the phone gallery and send as you did (ignore the auto created albums)

the problem with the G+ app is that it doesn't store the photos locally, they are just in the cloud so you can't do anything except share with G+

strausd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
If the pictures where taken with the phone, then you should be able to go into the gallery app and select the phone gallery and send as you did (ignore the auto created albums)

the problem with the G+ app is that it doesn't store the photos locally, they are just in the cloud so you can't do anything except share with G+

Ya but the whole point is that this is not how it used to be. It used to be that all my pictures from G+ instant upload would be in my gallery and now the aren't. I am just trying to get that functionality back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.