Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
Its a good thing that its not available for you on iOS right ? :confused:

Regarding multitask/change app on android :) most have a dedicated onscreen button to display the app switcher.

App switcher on iStuff really blows.

Its a good thing some of the things are not available, because too much things blows up. You don't get your computer preinstalled with every app on the planet :)

Zuck has drawn the line in the sand.

As much as I don't like the guy, timing is on his side. There's a lot of iPhone users that've waited patiently for Apple to get into the present with the 4.7 ~ 4.8" display size.

It's my understanding I'm in a very rare position, not being a Facebook member. There was a lot of buzz about Facebook Home at work today.

Of the 80 people in my building alone, at least half are already on Android, with the rest on iPhones yet they are obsessed with their Facebook activities. All very well paid, switching to Android is easy for them. Quick too, since its a money is no object purchase. Upgrade eligible or not.

After the reveal of "Home" today, I heard a lot of excitement and interest expressed.

This... Ought to be extremely interesting.
... aaaand there's a lot that are disgruntled with the bigger form factor. iPhone5 is really nice because it doesn't feel bigger. Make it wider and I guarantee you'll use as much sales as you will gain.

I don't use facebook either. But you don't know that, because you couldn't read it on my facebook!

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I use FB daily. I have friends all over the world, and FB is THE best way to stay connected with all of them and see what they are up to. To me, FB is priceless. If your friends live in a country going through a revolution, FB becomes the ultimate _news_ feed.

The concept of home on Android is convoluted but I could be imagine for a lot of people, it will be of great use.

You are correct. I live abroad it's much easier to stay in contact with FB. The flip side to that is most don't if that is the situation FB would become tiresome quickly.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Yep! You have your opinion and I have mine; but come on, you know if it was made for Apple more would be singing its praises! As for grabbing information, Facebook grabs no more than Apple and most other companies do. Research t!

Except that Apple's business model doesn't involve selling said info to 3rd parties for profit.

X Cruz 187

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Texas
Facebook not for everyone!

Maybe now Apple will remove the mandatory Facebook app. & replace it with YouTube. Not everyone uses facebook.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
No, under Data Mining there is a clear denying from Facebook: "Simply put, we have never provided our users' information to third party companies, nor do we intend to."

True, except originally they had expressed their intent to do so. Probably had to reverse course when it brought them a lot of negative attention.

They change their privacy policy so often I don't trust them to hold to their promises. Their business model is all about collecting and sharing info so it's only natural they go that route at some point, if they aren't do so secretly already.

chadley_chad

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2004
Nottingham, UK
Except that Apple's business model doesn't involve selling said info to 3rd parties for profit.

No, because god forbid Apple would let anyone make money of their back! Others sell info to 3rd parties to make money, Apple use it themselves to make money ... either way, Apple are still making money off my life as much as anyone else!

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
I use FB daily. I have friends all over the world, and FB is THE best way to stay connected with all of them and see what they are up to. To me, FB is priceless. If your friends live in a country going through a revolution, FB becomes the ultimate _news_ feed.

Yeah, and I believe I was talking to Number 41, NOT YOU.
Individual results will vary individually.

I've never had an (real, non-shadow) Facebook profile and I have no issue keeping up my friends.

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
This weekend I asked my sister-in-law who basically lives on facebook (for iPhone) if she was getting a facebook phone. She was like "Oh... Is there one? No."

/anecdotal

And why isn't facebook home plastered all over their login page?

Retards.

Attachments

• facebook login.png
    facebook login.png
    368 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.