Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tommyminahan

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2008
I would like you guys to re-read the article. Especially the line that says..."starting tomorrow"... For the others, please re-read where it says being on their network to download the app is 1 of the 2 choices as noted by the word "or". :rolleyes:

If you follow the link to the CNET article, you'll notice it was published yesterday, April 8th- So Assuming they were right- the "tomorrow" part should mean today, the 9th.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I've been getting these for music for like a year.

Glad they'll add apps to the list.

Hopefully I still get both music and app freebies both :)

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Dang people use to post codes here all the time but now you have to use their network? No more goodies for me

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I just got a Message on my Starbucks app for the free download. I click download, signed I with my Apple ID, and it downloaded. I did this from my home wifi network.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
I would like you guys to re-read the article. Especially the line that says..."starting tomorrow"

The first two paragraphs use a present-tense indication of availability. The subsequent picture shows it in-app on-device as though currently (at the time of my posting) available.

The "starting tomorrow" bit is inside the quotation of another source, with no indication of date of authorship of the quoted material. Going to the source, the "tomorrow" is part of text with a datestamp from the prior day, making the quotation thereof occurring the day after. To wit: "starting tomorrow" was written on April 8, and the MR article quoting that was written on April 9 - the "tomorrow" referred to.

Upon checking the app on the day referenced as "tomorrow", looking for something akin to the picture provided as indicative of an already-available message, there wasn't.

:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.